Google play store wants to update bloatware

JohnSpain

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Bloatware has never asked to be updated till today. Its extremely annoying especially because its at the top of all apps. Is anyone else experiencing this?

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Thought I got rid of that stuff a long time ago. :confused:

looks like we never really got rid of it - it was/is still there on our devices. Maybe they just hid the app icons, and play store can see the actual app still on our devices, and wants to update it.
(my guess)

tdesai4

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
someone had mentioned that it could be the update to bloatware that needs to be done to get ready for a ICS update...

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, several people have pointed this out recently. It seems to have started with the new version of the market play store. I think the new "My Apps" section of the play store handles bloat differently.

I uninstalled the updates to those bloatware apps awhile back to save space. (You can't uninstall the apps without root, but you can uninstall updates.) When the new play store came I started getting request to update them too.

I'm trying to decide if I should just keep ignoring them or just install the updates and be done with it. (I recently purchased a 32 GB SD card, so space isn't an issue for me now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress