Incoming video messages look crappy....why?

jsorryman

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
If someone sends me a video in an MMS, it looks really crappy, like it was shot on a 1mp camera. Even when I know that it was shot on a Galaxy or an iPhone. Why is that? Also, why is the size of video messages so limited on the 3VO? Everyone seems aware of this, but I've never heard anyone say why it is.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
MMS are compressed to be albe to send via MMS. Videos shot with high res / larger sizes are compacted down to be able to send via MMS.
If you want to see good quality video email it, or share it via drop box or something like that.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
To elaborate a bit more. Voice, SMS, and MMS use the voice side of the network and not the Data side of the network. Because of this MMS are limited in most cases to 1 meg. So any video shot, any pictures taken are always shrunk down and compresed. Anytime i send a pic to someone or video i either send it via email or upload to Drop Box or Box and share it with them that way. One of these days i will actually upload a video to YouTube. LOL

Glad i could help, if you get a free second click the Thanks button.

Reactions: jsorryman

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the Thanks. :) LOL

FYI, looks like with the most recent update of DropBox its even easier now to shoot video or a picture, have it automatically upload, then you can email whom ever you want to share the media with a link that dropbox provides.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz