Please, i beg the community for help U_U

eddiejm

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
my friend gifted me an HTC evo 3D

i cant get it to read my t-mobile sim card.

i unlocked it using HTCDEv, it was a huge mistake because it is still in s-ON.
so i downgraded and used revolution thingy, and i got the simlock off( s-OFF)

but my phone still wont read my t-mobile sim card. WTF!!!

the phone is gsm cause there is a sim slot in the back.

my hboot screen reads:

-revolutionary-
SHOOTER_U pvt ship S-off RL
Hboot-1.49.1107
my cid htc-032

im new to the android community and i have no idea what im doing.
can anyone with experience help me?

p.s i'm sorry for the horrible grammar. (i'm really frustrated)

eddiejm

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
ok, i am 100% sure it is a sim card slot, when i remove the battery , there is a little picture of a sim card, inside the picture is a 3 letter word. SIM.
i thought it was cdma until i took it to t-mobile and they said it is a HTC GSM evo.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
ok, i am 100% sure it is a sim card slot, when i remove the battery , there is a little picture of a sim card, inside the picture is a 3 letter word. SIM.
i thought it was cdma until i took it to t-mobile and they said it is a HTC GSM evo.

Ok. Well, I don't know anyone here who has the GSM version. We're all with Sprint so we don't use the SIM. I guess my first question is did it EVER read the SIM?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
my friend gifted me an HTC evo 3D

i cant get it to read my t-mobile sim card.

i unlocked it using HTCDEv, it was a huge mistake because it is still in s-ON.
so i downgraded and used revolution thingy, and i got the simlock off( s-OFF)

I might be misunderstanding, but it sounds like you're saying simlock off = s-off. I'm pretty new to this rooting thing, but I'm pretty sure that getting the sim-unlocked and getting s-off is two different things. s-off allows you to write to a the boot partion which is necessary to flash custom kernals not built into the boot.img and to change your spash screen. I don't know what it take to get the simlock off, but like I said, I'm pretty sure it's not just getting s-off.

But like I said, I'm pretty new and might be totally wrong.

Also, I always recommend using a descriptive Title for your post. You get better responses when you do. "Please, i beg the community for help U_U" doesn't let anyone know what you need help with and the person who knows a lot about getting sim-unlocked might not pay attention to this post. Something like "Trying to get a T-Mobile SIM to work in the GSM Evo3D" would be a lot more discriptive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34