1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Need help! Messed up screen so can't unlock phone!

Hi guys! Now my phone's screen have had a problem for a long time, the bottom of the screen doesn't really work in portrait mode. So when typing a message, pressing the last line of letters, m, n, b, etc will randomly input other letters. When dialing a phone number, I can't dial 0. In landscape mode it works fine.

I've learned to live with that. The real problem is, stupid me decided to password protect my phone when I put my phone to sleep. Now when I wake my phone, I can't hit the OK to unlock it!!! So basically I can only take phone calls. Is there anyway you guys know of that I can unlock my phone without resetting anything?

Thanks!
    Sony Ericsson K790a | Palm Treo 650 | Apple iPhone | Apple iPhone 3G | Apple iPhone 3GS | HTC EVO 4G | Samsung Epic 4G | HTC EVO 3D | HTC EVO 4G LTE | Apple iPhone 5 | LG Nexus 4 | Sony Xperia Z | HTC One | LG G2 | Sony Xperia Z1 | LG Nexus 5

Default Re: Need help! Messed up screen so can't unlock phone!

Sounds like your touchscreen is bad. The phone should still be within it's 1 year warrenty, so you should be able to get a fix or replacement for free (assuming you didn't somehow break it).

I don't know what to tell you if you're trying to get into your phone before you bring it in to get it fixed. Maybe someone else knows a trick to bypass the password screen. But the whole point of the password is to stop you from getting in.

Sorry I'm not more help. Good luck.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

i dont know of anything but doing a reset in bootloader

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Brought it into a sprint store and they replaced the touchscreen. Works good now. Only caveat is, because it was a one man store, and he wasn't a tech, the screen installation wasn't perfect, so the top portion of the screen protrudes out a bit and you can actually press on it. The agent asked if I was willing to accept an Otterbox case to hide it, which I did. I would be getting a new phone soon anyways, so it's all good.
    Sony Ericsson K790a | Palm Treo 650 | Apple iPhone | Apple iPhone 3G | Apple iPhone 3GS | HTC EVO 4G | Samsung Epic 4G | HTC EVO 3D | HTC EVO 4G LTE | Apple iPhone 5 | LG Nexus 4 | Sony Xperia Z | HTC One | LG G2 | Sony Xperia Z1 | LG Nexus 5

Glad that worked out.