1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Evo is dead

Hey all,
    I know there are many people with this problem so I'll be brief

I have checked many posts, doing as they tell me and seeing if I have the same success but I'm not.

Upon charging my Evo 3D it does the RED LIGHT ON for 5 seconds, RED LIGHT OFF for 25 or so. I saw that the following steps were helpful, however I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly because its not working!

1. take out battery
    2. hold down the power button for 15sec with battery out.
    3. place battery back in phone and put the back on.
    4. try to turn on. If it doesn't turn on try a different charger (this worked for me a few times. this worke dfor me a few times i remember back on at&t when i had the slider windows phone htc 8250 i think it needed a charger with more amperage to start the charge.)
    5. If the above doesn't work maybe take it in to sprint if you have the warranty.

Could someone please clarify these instructions or offer any new ones?

Default Re: Evo is dead

I'm definitely not an expert on the subject, but I wondering if your battery has gone bad. Replacing the battery might take care of your problem.

Do you know anyone else with an Evo 3D? If so, ask if you can borrow their batter for 10 minutes to figure it out.

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Quote Originally Posted by jean15paul View Post
    I'm definitely not an expert on the subject, but I wondering if your battery has gone bad. Replacing the battery might take care of your problem.

Do you know anyone else with an Evo 3D? If so, ask if you can borrow their batter for 10 minutes to figure it out.
    this ..and the battery is covered under warranty

sent via android central forums app
    I'm a superuser

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    ROM
    cleanrom 3.0

I use multiple batteries.. so I have a wall charger, worth a shot to put the battery on one and let it charge then see if it works, I also slide a small piece of a bussiness card under ny battery to push the Leeds together more to get a Vetter connection... That's shy they are "spring" loaded....

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2