Service suddenly awful at home?

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, not sure why it's happening but over the last week or so I've noticed that my phone service at home has gotten to be absolutely unusable. I'd routinely get 3 or 4 bars at home and never have a problem but a week or so ago I noticed that I was getting 0, maybe 1 bar in my bedroom and around the house.

Not sure what could be causing this. I've updated PRL and whatever just to see if it would revert back and nothing. Can't imagine any apps changing things but I'm not sure if I've even DLed anything in the last few days. I'm on wi-fi at home. I'm not rooted.

*shrug* any ideas?

tdesai4

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same problem the last two day...I called Sprint...they said there were no reported issues in my area (Chicago)...not sure why happening all of a sudden...my phone unusable at home...

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Any way to check if they are or should I call?

See what you can find out here http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/888-live-network-vision-sites-nationwide-map-screenshot-may-1-2012/. If you don't find out anything there then I would call and see what Sprint says.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Here's the link to the Sprint Network Vision site. https://network.sprint.com/ You can check if they are doing anything in your area.

FYI, I heard of people calling customer service about poor service and constant roaming at home and sometimes Sprint will send you a free Airwave and not charge you a monthly fee. (They gave out a lot of them back when the Nexus S 4G came out and was having signal problems.) You connect it to your broadband internet and it creates a virtual sprint tower in your house. If you can't get your problem resolved, you could threaten to leave Sprint and see if they give you a free Airwave.

Last edited:

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Update your PRL, then update your 3G profile. This worked for me (the profile update worked, the PRL did nothing), worth a shot.

I'd suggest keep calling and complaining. I had the same issue.

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I've updated the PRL and profile (anything that could be updated) and still nothing.

Hmmm....I checked out that website, says 10 upgrades have been completed in the last 6 months and 29 are planned in the next 6 months.

Clicked on the one closest to my house and a bubble popped up saying "one data speed upgrade" in the next six months.

mmh1079

May 25, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys, not sure why it's happening but over the last week or so I've noticed that my phone service at home has gotten to be absolutely unusable. I'd routinely get 3 or 4 bars at home and never have a problem but a week or so ago I noticed that I was getting 0, maybe 1 bar in my bedroom and around the house.

Not sure what could be causing this. I've updated PRL and whatever just to see if it would revert back and nothing. Can't imagine any apps changing things but I'm not sure if I've even DLed anything in the last few days. I'm on wi-fi at home. I'm not rooted.

*shrug* any ideas?

My Husband and I have also been having the exact same problem. Both with my Samsung and His I Phone. We have updates the PRL and Profile network to no avail.. This is Very Frustrating...

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan