Major battery draining

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't notice any battery issues recently, but since I'm usually a pretty heavy user, I leave my phone plugged in most of the day (at home, at work, and in the car). I might only charge at night for the next few days to see if I find any difference.

I was just on a 2 day trip away from home and I was paranoid about battery drain.
I put the phone into power saver mode and what a difference! I had plenty of juice left. I'm not sure what PS does, but it works!

Powersaver mode basically turns off all of your data connections anytime the screen is off, so it saves a lot of power, but it interferes with getting real time notifications. It also lowers your screen brightness, and reduces your screen timeout time. It definitely saves a lot of juice, but a lot of people don't leave it on because they want or need real time notifications.

You can download an app called Juice Defender which basically does the same thing, but you can set it to turn everything back on and sync on a regular schedule so you still get notifications (even if they are delayed a little). So once ever hour (for example) it will turn your data connection back on to allow any notification to come through.

Reactions: patchs

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting less than 12 hours of battery now and I'm down to less then 15%. I run Power Saver all day but not quite as low as the factory settings and still only about 12-15 hours max.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting less than 12 hours of battery now and I'm down to less then 15%. I run Power Saver all day but not quite as low as the factory settings and still only about 12-15 hours max.
How many hours of screen on time do u get out of that 12hrs of the phone being on? Screen on time is what u should really be looking at not total phone on time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

footysr

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
The last couple weeks my battery seemed to have been draining faster than usual. It is a year old so I just figured it was suffering from old age.

I purchased an extended battery from Amazon that arrived here last Friday and I'm getting 2 full days out of it with ease.

For what it's worth, great price!
Laza Zcell 3460mah Extended Battery

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
How many hours of screen on time do u get out of that 12hrs of the phone being on? Screen on time is what u should really be looking at not total phone on time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Well I just gave it a full charge, so I cant say what the total time is but the percentage of battery use by the screen is 55% right now.

I updated the OS and now I'm down to less than 12 hours max of battery life. I only get about 6 to 8 hours of reasonable useage. Anything after that and I risk it dying completely.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta