ICS for EVO 3D now available....

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
If you walk into a Sprint store.

I just got off the phone with a Sprint rep, who apparently could tell I'm pissed off about how I'm being pissed on. I gave her my shpiel on Sense's unrelenting crashes on my phone and how I'm getting memory leaks from the likes of Stitcher (a situation that Stitcher can't duplicate for some reason). She said that ICS can be pushed to my phone if I let a tech do it.

This made me pleased and angry at the same time. Pleased, because I can finally get a fix for my phone after so many months of problems with 2.3.4. Angry, because I can't understand why I have to walk into a Sprint store when they already have a finished product. I let her know that the EVO V 4G has ICS and that the root community has produced 100% functional ROMs, and then let loose my anger on how the garbage Sprint is telling me is the reason why people root their phones. Well I already went down that road with my old EVO 4G, and I don't want to be on the hook for $99 again.

So gentlemen, start your engines and flood the Sprint stores. Because the only reason why the hold-up on ICS has been confirmed: $$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: cosmos0001

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Not yet. I won't be able to get to a Sprint store until Monday. I'm just venting my anger at how Sprint cares more about selling phones that only work on a (for now) nonexistent network than it does satisfying its current customers.

Reactions: cosmos0001

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Called my friend at the local sprint store and his store has received no such update (he is the store manager).
He did indicate that the 3D should get ICS within the next couple of weeks (no guarantee)

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Somehow I'm not surprised. They're just trolling us 3VO users now and laughing at the results and constant threads/complaints/etc that people are making.

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
OK, well I'll call the store tomorrow. If it's true, then we'll know. If it's false, I'll make sure to somehow get the record of that call so I can have that rep's job. Sprint is just one giant Trollface right now.

Malixous

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Not True,

I'm a tech for a Sprint store in Memphis and we don't have the update available to install I hate to say this, but the Sprint rep probably wanted you off the phone.

I am an E3D Owner and I am constatnly looking for news about the release date. Nothing so far besides what I read earlier here about a possible June release.

Will

astoriacub

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So happy I dumped my POS 3VO for the GS3. No software bugs, massive improvement in battery life and a camera that isn't embarassing. I went 12 hours off charger yesterday and had 40% battery life left. No way the 3VO ever came close to that.

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
So happy I dumped my POS 3VO for the GS3. No software bugs, massive improvement in battery life and a camera that isn't embarassing. I went 12 hours off charger yesterday and had 40% battery life left. No way the 3VO ever came close to that.

I'm (probably) going to the GS3 too. Just waiting to save the money and see if there's any issues with it.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Surprise surprise, the rep lied to me. Sprint store didn't have the update. Today, I was able to get to a supervisor on *2 who also has the EVO 3D, and he says he's still waiting as well. I also told him how angry I am with the whole process, especially with June being almost over (it still says on their documentation that ICS should be out in June, NOT June-July).

Malixous

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Dunno what was going on with your phone, but I've done over 24 hours with mine, easy. Not rooted. Camera is horrible though, I hope they help it out a little with the update. I've been a tech for over 2 years and a lot of problems came out of Samsung phones, Moment Intercept, Instinct, Epic, (GS1) I will admit they have brought up their game with the Galaxy 2 and 3 but the original galaxy for sprint was horrible and battery life on the 2 wasn't the best either.

The Evo 3D has some good things but not enough to say it was better than the original or GS2. The camera, IMO, was a gimmick. I'm mean, 3D? Really? FTR, 5MP on a "high end device" kinda brings it down from that status. I hated them for taking the kickstand out.The dual core and expanded memory were great, though and of course, Sense 3.0 FTW lol. Battery life was awesome, like I said before, maybe you had a bad battery. Touchscreens were bad, they are the most replaced in our lineup as far as malfunctioning (Not shattered) Other than that, it is a good phone and hopefully with ICS, it will be a better phone. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz