Will ICS give 3D the LTE compatibility on Sprint?

cosmos0001

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Actually i heard that this is the exact issue why ics is not out for evo 3d yet. If ypuve never rooted ypur phone there Is a good chance all you need is to reptogram the 3g rafio

cosmos0001

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
fig_01.jpg

Reactions: RedWhiteDog

masonfactor

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
actually you are probs better off with WiMax than LTE at this point. Sprint is moving towards LTE but it probs won't be until end of fall/ beginning of winter until coverage matches WiMax an not until beginning of 2013 that until the speed/ reach will be better. (all depending on location of course)

LTE is the future, but for now if you live in a WiMax neighborhood, your phone can operate faster than many of the new ones being released. And by the time you should be envious of them, it will likely be close to your upgrade time.

Reactions: cosmos0001

RedWhiteDog

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I am in Dallas and it is going to be one of the first cities to have LTE. Right now I am barely getting WiMax in my home but I have heard that LTE will have a stronger signal so I hope for the best.

However I still did not understand what cosmos0001 said above. Is there a trick to make the EVO 3d work on LTE once having ICS installed on it?

manny188

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Wimax and LTE are different hardware technologies irrespective of any software update the hardware cannot update itself.

P.S.: I'm assuming you know the difference between hardware and software already.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The Evo 3D will never be able to connect to LTE. This is a 100% hardware compatibility issue. No amount of hacking will ever make it work. It is impossible. Any information saying otherwise is incorrect. Even if the chip was magically hacked to receive LTE (which it can't be) you still lack the antennae to pick up the LTE signal on the correct frequency.

Sent from my LTEless Evo LTE using Tapatalk. :-(

pmjj

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I have no wimax coverage yet in my area Akron, ohio. I will be waiting until lte is here in Akron, or I have to switch carriers. You that have wimax at least are luckey, I will believe Sprint is getting LTE in Akron when it is avaliable in Akron, no more of this comming soon CRAP!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800