Bye Bye EVO 3D

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
You know he only said it's the best to make a commission, right?

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums
+1
Went by the Sprint store the other day. The guy I talked to acted like the SIII was the only phone out right now. I tried to steer the conversation to the 4G LTE and he acted like it was last years phone ready for retirement!

Starting to consider dropping my plan, porting my number to G-voice, getting a G-Nex from Play, and going the pre-pay route. Cheaper in the long run. Not exactly sure about coverage in my area though.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm sure I'm not getting them.

You will not be sorry. I also had both and also got bored with Sense. I have had both the LTE and SGS3 and the only advantage that LTE has is signal. SGS3 in my opinion is better in every other area. Enjoy!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
You made the right choice. I have had my GS3 for a week now coming from the 3D. The GS3 is a much better phone. So far the phone runs good. Battery life is great. Just make sure you don't have Dropbox running in the background. GPS works great. The only downside I've seen is Sprint's network sucks right now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

That's one thing I can agree on about the s3, it s**** all over the htc EVO 3d

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
You know he only said it's the best to make a commission, right?

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

Reps make no more money selling one phone over another. He'd make the same on commission regardless. That being said... The S3 isn't the better phone. Nor is the EVO LTE the better phone. It's all soley based on opinion and what suits you. Personally I think HTC makes a better product hardware and software wise. My dad prefers his S3 as do some of my friends. They are both great devices. The beauty of having Android is options.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Reps make no more money selling one phone over another. He'd make the same on commission regardless. That being said... The S3 isn't the better phone. Nor is the EVO LTE the better phone. It's all soley based on opinion and what suits you. Personally I think HTC makes a better product hardware and software wise. My dad prefers his S3 as do some of my friends. They are both great devices. The beauty of having Android is options.

Exactly, its whatever suits the consumer, regardless, I own both phones and can say that either of these are far superior to the iPhone 4s. I could have choosen between the s3 or iPhone for my business cell, iPhone can suck it.

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Reps make no more money selling one phone over another. He'd make the same on commission regardless.
Be that as it may, the Rep behaved as if this was the only phone he'd make a commission on when I was at the store the other day. I got almost no info out of him about the 4G LTE.

The S3 isn't the better phone. Nor is the EVO LTE the better phone. It's all soley based on opinion and what suits you...They are both great devices. The beauty of having Android is options.
Well said!

I could have choosen between the s3 or iPhone for my business cell, iPhone can suck it.
:D :p

I have decided to "jump ship" and ditch the ƎVO.

I have narrowed it down to the Gnex or EVO LTE.
I have really enjoyed my 3D and the Sense overlay (when it's not crashing). The better hardware is a big selling point on the LTE. Price is great on Amazon right now $129, really tempting.
The Gnex, still a great phone. I enjoy the pure google ICS experience on my touchpad (CM9). I can see the benefits of going this route. Also the release of JB really adds a plus. Price is even better, $49 net ($99 - $50 Gwallet credit).

Decisions...

EDIT: [Actually not sure about the extra $40 on Gwallet, the only dates I can find on the promo show it in effect for a month at introduction, but it still says "Get $50 With Google Wallet" on the Sprint phone page.]

Last edited:

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
+1
Went by the Sprint store the other day. The guy I talked to acted like the SIII was the only phone out right now. I tried to steer the conversation to the 4G LTE and he acted like it was last years phone ready for retirement!

Starting to consider dropping my plan, porting my number to G-voice, getting a G-Nex from Play, and going the pre-pay route. Cheaper in the long run. Not exactly sure about coverage in my area though.

I'm not sure if this is true but a lot of places ppl get commission off phones and I know the s3's total price can be more than the EVO, that's prolly why he was trying to steer away, they're like car sales reps, bunch of sharks that don't care bout the customer

brucesmays

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I also had an original Evo and then the Evo 3d. I just switched to a SG3. It is an incredible phone, great battery life, and, for my situation, much better signal strength and connectivity.:)

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Dear 3VO,
We had a good run you and I, but it's time we go our separate ways. It's not you, It's me. I just need a fresh start. You're still a great phone, you got a lot of time left in you.

OK, so I went Gnex. Got it on a new line to trial it. I really like to play and tweak, I really miss that from the PRE. I have been playing with CM9 on my Touchpad to get my "mod" on but have been wanting that on a phone again. I considered doing the HTC unlock, or downgrading my Hboot, but just didn't want to go that far.
I have the 3VO all set up for work so am going to ease into the Gnex, familiarize myself before switching lines.
My daughter has a brand-spanking new Pixi, just waiting for the free line, so win-win!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC