Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 220
Like Tree21Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Quote Originally Posted by srs1578 View Post
    I emailed sprint yesterday about being angry about ics not being pushed to e3d....And asked why wr haven't got it yet... Here is the reply... On Jul 7, 2012 10:56 AM, "Dan@sprint.com" <Dan@sprint.com> wrote: > > Dear Mr.Stewart, > > Thank you for contacting . > > I am in receipt of your email and I would like to speak with you over > the phone. However your email didnt have your Sprint number or account > number for me to speak with you to address your concerns. > > If you can please email me your contact number or I can be reached at > 757-223-3860.My office hours for next week is Monday-Thursday from 11:00 > am-8:00 pm &Friday from 11:00 am-3:00 pm EST. or just reply to this > email. > > Thank you again for contacting . > > Sincerely, > Prudence H. > 757-223-3860 > Sprint
    I got the same response to my e-mail, which was nicely worded and not angry. But when they responded with that.. I gave them my number but said "If this is a courtesy call to apologize for inconvenience or blame HTC, I rather not waste my time. "
  2. #27  
    jj14x's Avatar

    Posts
    524 Posts
    Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Quote Originally Posted by tdesai4 View Post
    I have a question...I am really interested in getting a Nexus...but was wondering if getting OTA updates pushed from Google is only the case with unlocked GSM version...if I get the CDMA Sprint version, am I still at mercy of Sprint for updates like Jelly Bean?

    Thanks
    Sadly, the answer is "yes, you do have to depend on Sprint for official updates"
    Google doesn't provide the radio (and other CDMA specific software) along with the OS. That is integrated by Sprint (and Verizon), and sadly, that does mean that our updates are delayed (compared to GSM updates that are controlled solely by Google).

    Having said that, I must add that even delayed Nexus updates usually appear before the updates appear on non-nexus sprint phones. (and with the easiest rooting method, flashing a custom ROM with the latest OS is usually very easy/quick - JB ROMs are already available for Nexus)
  3. #28  

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Is it just me or is anyone else surprised that corporate greed hasn't thought
    of putting OS upgrades in the Google play and want to charge everyone 9.99 to upgrade our phone? I'll bet if they were doing that ICS would have been available months ago for the EVO 3D.
  4. #29  
    derek5l's Avatar

    Posts
    263 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

    Default

    Finally left and moved on to the EVO LTE. good luck folks

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  5. #30  

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    With all the problems I've been hearing about other updates that have gone out on the international Evo 3D I'm personally glad Sprint hasn't released their's yet. I will say this about Sprint they take a long time to get updates out but once they do release them. The updates usually end up working pretty well with only a few minor problems. I'm willing to wait a little longer for my update if it means that I don't end up with a phone that has all kinds of problems and then wait again while Sprint scrambles to get a fix put out.

    So in other words people that just have to have ICS, root your phone and put it on there. Then once the official update comes out unroot and update away. Otherwise take a Valium, a shot of Jose Quervo and relax. As for me I'm gonna go grab an ICS out of my freezer and enjoy it, after all this heat I freaking deserve it.
    Thanked by 3:
    DKatman likes this.
  6. #31  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles 135 View Post
    With all the problems I've been hearing about other updates that have gone out on the international Evo 3D I'm personally glad Sprint hasn't released their's yet. I will say this about Sprint they take a long time to get updates out but once they do release them. The updates usually end up working pretty well with only a few minor problems. I'm willing to wait a little longer for my update if it means that I don't end up with a phone that has all kinds of problems and then wait again while Sprint scrambles to get a fix put out.

    So in other words people that just have to have ICS, root your phone and put it on there. Then once the official update comes out unroot and update away. Otherwise take a Valium, a shot of Jose Quervo and relax. As for me I'm gonna go grab an ICS out of my freezer and enjoy it, after all this heat I freaking deserve it.
    This is very true. But, if this is the case, how about informing us.

    Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2
  7. #32  

    Default

    Got excited when I seen this new thread,oh well.

    EVO-LUTION 3D
  8. #33  

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Quote Originally Posted by trinamorgan88 View Post
    This is very true. But, if this is the case, how about informing us.

    Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2
    Because they rank right up there with the C-I-A, K-G-B, and A-P-P-L-E with their secrecy. lol
  9. #34  

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Quote Originally Posted by trinamorgan88 View Post
    This is very true. But, if this is the case, how about informing us.

    Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2
    Because the same people that are complaining that there's no info or ETA on release will then whine if/when Sprint pushes the date back due to more testing. It's a no win situation when it comes to cell phone nerds.
    I have no signature.
  10. #35  
    dizzle16's Avatar

    Posts
    481 Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7/scott Pilgr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyGTA View Post
    Because the same people that are complaining that there's no info or ETA on release will then whine if/when Sprint pushes the date back due to more testing. It's a no win situation when it comes to cell phone nerds.
    Yet here you are
  11. #36  

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Yes, I'm here for support and info, not to post a million different threads whining and complaining. The damn OS will come out when it comes out, crying like school girls won't make it happen any faster...and if Sprint were to release it early and there were some problems people would still cry. I work with the public in the auto industry, damned if you do and damned if you don't...the cell phone market is no different.
    I have no signature.
    Thanked by:
    HootieMacMN likes this.
  12. #37  
    P_M_G's Avatar

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanICS

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    with the variety of ICS ROMs out there, who cares if we get an "official" ICS update?

    Root your phones and get out from under the thumb of the Man that's keeping stuff from you because He thinks you'll get frustrated and buy a new phone.

    I don't know where it's written in stone that any manufacturer or carrier is required to update any of their phones. If it's not, then all this bellyaching and crying about corporate greed is just BS.

    Think about it...when a new OS comes out for the PC many of you are typing on - do you get it FREE? Last I saw, I had to pay to go from Vista to WIN7....or from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion (really?)

    Besides, with JB set to drop (and already in AOSP) as soon as you get ICS you'll all be complaining about why you don't have JB yet.

    ROOT AND BE FREE!!
    Thanked by:
    FrostyGTA and GTAFan9999 like this.
  13. #38  

    Default

    Well said sir! I'm still on zr3d gingerbread, and personally there is no ics Rom that is better. Ics is not what everyone is making it out to be.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
  14. #39  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by P_M_G View Post
    with the variety of ICS ROMs out there, who cares if we get an "official" ICS update?

    Root your phones and get out from under the thumb of the Man that's keeping stuff from you because He thinks you'll get frustrated and buy a new phone.

    I don't know where it's written in stone that any manufacturer or carrier is required to update any of their phones. If it's not, then all this bellyaching and crying about corporate greed is just BS.

    Think about it...when a new OS comes out for the PC many of you are typing on - do you get it FREE? Last I saw, I had to pay to go from Vista to WIN7....or from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion (really?)

    Besides, with JB set to drop (and already in AOSP) as soon as you get ICS you'll all be complaining about why you don't have JB yet.

    ROOT AND BE FREE!!
    Oh, stop it.

    The point of rooting is not the point here. Everyone doesn't choose to root there phone. In fact, if I did, lots of people say that the leak from Virgin Mobile is not stable.

    The point is its that the upgrade has been released on every other carrier out there but Sprint. Especially on the prepaid EVO V on Virgin Mobile. That's the point.

    Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2
  15. #40  

    Default

    But sprint likes to screw there customers over by forcing to upgrade to get what they want. The update is there they just aren't releasing it. That's why were saying just root and be happy being able to go back and forth between the UI's.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
  16. #41  

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    looking like Sprint is pushing out ICS for Epic Touch....but us EVO 3D users are still waiting...damn you, Sprint


    http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint...-sandwich-week
    Last edited by tdesai4; 07-10-2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: forgot link
  17. #42  
    dizzle16's Avatar

    Posts
    481 Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7/scott Pilgr

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    So many useless points here. One guy says "you don't get updates on your computer for free do you?". Are we talking about computers? Did bill gates give a interview in May and say you'd have windows 16 by June/july? No he didn't. Have you ever gotten updated for free on a pc? No. That's not the way it goes. That IS how android goes. Updates are free. Anything else is babbling. As a person who earns his $ I would PREFER they weren't free cause id have it by now if it was $29.99 to update or $59.99. also some people paid BIG $ for this phone and want what they were told they would get by sprint and HTC.

    Honest to god this Friday I will be paying sprint $300. As far as I'm concerned you can't tell me anything unless you wanna pay it. It's coming out of my pocket and ill complain and ask for what the hell I want. BTW check the thread, I'm not bashing sprint everyday they don't release it, but I am saying "the customers needs come first". HOW MUCH DO YOU WANNA BET SPRINT WILL SAY THE SAME? Their actions may not show it but that is the way business is run. The customer matters.

    Its not as simple as "root and be done with it". im rooted with superuser but without s off no ics rom functions 100%. It's not a bootloop issue. It's a "these roms are made from virgin mobile sources and are not 100% stable without s off issue". like pergerson6, I'm also running zr3d. It runs without issue. Why? Because its based off of stock. So when ICS is released and becomes "stock" ics roms built of Sprints source will function for me as smoothly as my current Rom. My other option? Stick a freaking wire in my phone to get s off, while hoping I don't destroy it or myself. My point is that update matters to me but not to the point of acting OR TALKING stupid just to get it. Don't care about petitions or emails. Either they'll release it or ill go elsewhere for service, if that ain't American what is? In my opinion sprint is a like a dopehead getting high without a needle. Getting high off of nonexistent power. Bragging about a LTE network that doesn't exist just yet. But that's only my opinion.

    I've seen a couple people say when ics drops we'll complain that we don't have jellybean. First off who does have jellybean (besides some vz gnexus owners)? No one on Sprint does. Second WERE EVO 3D OWNERS TOLD THEY WOULD GET JELLYBEAN?...EVER???...no we weren't.

    Can that be said about ICS for EVO 3d? Absolutely not.

    Maybe some are upset that prepaid customers both here (virginM) and in 3rd world countries get it before postpaid customers in the greatest country on the planet get it. Maybe because a Company which I would BET 3 out of 5 people in this country have never heard of (Rodgers) can manage to get the update out before those of us who DO PAY $300 a mo to be apart of the "now network" can get it. What a joke.

    That's my 2 cents on the subject. People can complain about what they want. I'm not some college kid or teen who's mommy or daddy pays his bill. You know what type of groceries I can get for $300. That's prime rib everyday $. Thats every package on satellite plus internet and home phone lol. Trust me I can go on. But I pay my money. And I also trust sprint will do what they said they would. But no one will tell me not to complain if they dont.

    I can only imagine the remarks this post will bring. I wish I can say I gave a f. I've had a long day and truly, in every essence of the words, could-not-care-less
  18. #43  

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Quote Originally Posted by dizzle16 View Post
    Yet here you are
    correct or not, that comment made me lol at work.
    webOS is dead. Long live Android.
    Data Hog since 6/2009
  19. #44  
    SenseMonkey's Avatar

    Posts
    1,797 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dizzle16 View Post
    So many useless points here. One guy says "you don't get updates on your computer for free do you?". Are we talking about computers? Did bill gates give a interview in May and say you'd have windows 16 by June/july? No he didn't. Have you ever gotten updated for free on a pc? No. That's not the way it goes. That IS how android goes. Updates are free. Anything else is babbling. As a person who earns his $ I would PREFER they weren't free cause id have it by now if it was $29.99 to update or $59.99. also some people paid BIG $ for this phone and want what they were told they would get by sprint and HTC.

    Honest to god this Friday I will be paying sprint $300. As far as I'm concerned you can't tell me anything unless you wanna pay it. It's coming out of my pocket and ill complain and ask for what the hell I want. BTW check the thread, I'm not bashing sprint everyday they don't release it, but I am saying "the customers needs come first". HOW MUCH DO YOU WANNA BET SPRINT WILL SAY THE SAME? Their actions may not show it but that is the way business is run. The customer matters.

    Its not as simple as "root and be done with it". im rooted with superuser but without s off no ics rom functions 100%. It's not a bootloop issue. It's a "these roms are made from virgin mobile sources and are not 100% stable without s off issue". like pergerson6, I'm also running zr3d. It runs without issue. Why? Because its based off of stock. So when ICS is released and becomes "stock" ics roms built of Sprints source will function for me as smoothly as my current Rom. My other option? Stick a freaking wire in my phone to get s off, while hoping I don't destroy it or myself. My point is that update matters to me but not to the point of acting OR TALKING stupid just to get it. Don't care about petitions or emails. Either they'll release it or ill go elsewhere for service, if that ain't American what is? In my opinion sprint is a like a dopehead getting high without a needle. Bragging about a LTE network that doesn't exist just yet. But that's my opinion.

    I've seen a couple people say when ics drops we'll complain that we don't have jellybean. First off who does have jellybean (besides some vz gnexus owners)? No one on Sprint does. Second WERE EVO 3D OWNERS TOLD THEY WOULD GET JELLYBEAN?...EVER???...no we weren't.

    Can that be said about ICS for EVO 3d? Absolutely not.

    Maybe some are upset that prepaid customers in 3rd world countries get it before postpaid customers in the greatest country on the planet get it. Maybe because a Company which I would BET 3 out of 5 people in this country have never heard of (Rodgers) can manage to get the update out before those of us who DO PAY $300 a mo to be apart of the "now network" can get it. What a joke.

    That's my 2 cents on the subject. People can complain about what they want. I'm not some college kid or teen who's mommy or daddy pays his bill. You know what type of groceries I can get for $300. That's prime rib everyday $. Thats every package on satellite plus internet and home phone lol. Trust me I can go on. But I pay my money. And I also trust sprint will do what they said they would. But no one will tell me not to complain if they dont.

    I can only imagine the remarks this post will bring. I wish I can say I gave a f. I've had a long day and truly, in every essence of the words, could-not-care-less
    I gave up reading this halfway cause it was alot.. but his point is legit. Lol..
  20. #45  
    dizzle16's Avatar

    Posts
    481 Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7/scott Pilgr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    I gave up reading this halfway cause it was alot.. but his point is legit. Lol..
    Indeed it is bro. Sorry about the length. i am a natural born debater and before I knew it that post was out of my control. LET ME SAY I DID NOT POST THAT TO START ANY CRAP WITH ANYONE. PLEASE NO NEGATIVITY GUYS. it seems everyone was saying what they felt so I weighed in. Forgive me please if I offended anyone. Were all here because we love our phones and the possibilities they offer. Man its been a long day. This post is even longer than intended lmao. I gotta go do something else for a while lol. Tty guys in a few
  21. #46  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    I gave up reading this halfway cause it was alot.. but his point is legit. Lol..
    Its actually one of the best post I've ever read! Great points dizzle16.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  22. #47  
    dizzle16's Avatar

    Posts
    481 Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7/scott Pilgr

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Unrelated to last post but doesn't it suck that EVO 3d was released first (June '11) but Samsung galaxy s 2 epic blah blah blah (i refuse to say its ridiculously long name) will likely get update before us despite coming out 3 months later. Maybe its a misunderstanding because I just don't understand. Also considering galaxy x 3 (much better name) was released like 2 weeks ago it kills the argument that either Samsung or sprint held update to make you buy g3. sound a little like EVO 3d/evo 4g lte to you? Unfortunately I hate the UI on Samsung phones and despite the EVO 3d update saga, I will still stay with HTC...just might not stay with sprint lol
  23. #48  
    SenseMonkey's Avatar

    Posts
    1,797 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dizzle16 View Post
    Indeed it is bro. Sorry about the length. i am a natural born debater and before I knew it that post was out of my control. LET ME SAY I DID NOT POST THAT TO START ANY CRAP WITH ANYONE. PLEASE NO NEGATIVITY GUYS. it seems everyone was saying what they felt so I weighed in. Forgive me please if I offended anyone. Were all here because we love our phones and the possibilities they offer. Man its been a long day. This post is even longer than intended lmao. I gotta go do something else for a while lol. Tty guys in a few
    No,its quiet alright. I wasnt complaining or anything,i just kept scrolling and it kept comming lol. But like pergerson said,its a qood post. And like you said,it was for the phone and not to start anything. So no hard feelings.... Funny how we'r all posting in a thread that doesnt have a real significant meaning..yet.. (._.)
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

    Default

    Ok I want to apologize to everyone. I wanted to create this thread that we could post after we get ics. I guess I should have waited till we got it. I had no idea that it would end up like this. Lol I will say that it has turned out very interesting. Oh well. What's done is done.

    Sent from my Evo 3d using Tapatalk!
  25. #50  

    Default

    Everybody is starting to realize how Sprint has basically screwed us with updates.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

B