ICS for the Sprint Evo 3d.

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to create one thread for the ics update, when and if it ever comes out, that we can all share and communicate our likes, dislikes and problems, and so there's not a whole bunch of threads out there for one thing. Thanks

Sent from my Evo 3d using Tapatalk!

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I got tired of seeing threads with the other evo 3d around the world getting it. It got my hopes up real quick. So I thought I'd make it easy for us sprint Evo 3d users.

Sent from my Evo 3d using Tapatalk!

Reactions: masonfactor

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

Yes, thank you. The news is both exciting and depressing at the same time. I just rooted my friends HTC Inspire to ICS today and it was tempting to do my E3D. However I think I can hold out for the fixes to be made and for Sprint to release.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

You know that this thread also adds to the clutter and gives people fasle hope that ICS is out for Sprint right?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
People are gonna make a bunch of threads anyway. It's not enough to just add to someone else's topic, they need to make their own.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Then can it be remaned "The Official Sprint EVO 3D Anticipation thread" or something to that effect. Right now it appears to be just another ICS thread.

Reactions: migs

patsan

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

Whatever the name, I am posting for therapeutic reasons to help deal with the frustration of the wait. Thanks for the thread, it feels good to know I am not alone in my plight. Now bring on the ice cream.....please!

Evo3Duzer

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

=Re-post from official Sprint forum=

Sprint Community: Sprint RELEASE THE 3D ICS OTA UPDATE YOU HAVE BEEN SITTING ON!

How is it that the VM 3D already has ICS it but Sprint customers do not?

It seems every carrier in the world has ICS for the EVO 3D except Sprint!

Is it just greed? You know people want to be running the latest and greatest so why not make them buy a new phone to do so.

You just want to sell a bunch of new LTE (Sprint Network Vision) phones w/ICS to poor saps who don't even know there is practically NO LTE network infrastructure in place! And I almost forgot they get the privilege of paying an extra $10.00 a month for the use of the practically non-existent network.

In the mean time you have customers that have been with you for many years getting ready to jump ship for business practices like this.

Just go to any Android forum and read some of the posts regarding Sprints EVO 3D & waiting for the ICS OTA. Your really ticking off your customers and from what I can tell you can ill-afford losing yet more of your customer base.

Release the update already, I know you have it! Don't ask how but I do.

I know this will probably never get read by any Sprint employee with any clout but at least I got to vent to my fellow frustrated 3D owners.

Now excuse me while I go stand by the railing of this ship.

Do the right thing Sprint, push the EVO 3D ICS OTA!

Send an email to dan@sprint.com let them know how you feel about the lack of support for your EVO 3D!

Make it easy if you have replied to this thread just copy & paste your post into your email and include a link to this thread.

Even if you have not and don't wish to post in the thread send an email anyway!

Suggested subject line: "Do the right thing Sprint, push the EVO 3D ICS OTA!" or whatever you want just make sure you let them know you want ICS on you EVO 3D! NOW!

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Question to those unrooted AND waiting VERY impatienttly for ICS.
Jelly Bean drops in two weeks.

Will this be your last non Nexus device, and if not, why?
Assuming you want to stay on Sprint and the next Nexus launches on Sprint, or willing to leave carriers to get one.

chuy85

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

Don't get me wrong I'm waiting for ICS just like everyone but didn't Sprint say it was due in the June/July time frame. I'm not trying to troll or anything I just hate checking this page everyday and every other carrier getting the update except Sprint.

radroider

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

6E41W.jpg

Sums it up

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I'm waiting for ICS just like everyone but didn't Sprint say it was due in the June/July time frame. I'm not trying to troll or anything I just hate checking this page everyday and every other carrier getting the update except Sprint.

HTC has stated June-July time frame. Sprint has never release any time frame.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Question to those unrooted AND waiting VERY impatienttly for ICS.
Jelly Bean drops in two weeks.

Will this be your last non Nexus device, and if not, why?
Assuming you want to stay on Sprint and the next Nexus launches on Sprint, or willing to leave carriers to get one.

I'm not 100% sure that a Nexus would fix this problem. Verizon blocked one of the Galaxy Nexus upgrades for several months even though it was a signal strength issue.

So, I'm very split on my next phone.

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Finally got a reply from @sprintcare on twitter. Same has on the phone. Sent several tweets asking more questions, no reply yet.

tdesai4

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

I have a question...I am really interested in getting a Nexus...but was wondering if getting OTA updates pushed from Google is only the case with unlocked GSM version...if I get the CDMA Sprint version, am I still at mercy of Sprint for updates like Jelly Bean?

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde