Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 220
Like Tree21Likes
  1. #76  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    I get the frustration and you do seem quite incensed. So it would be crazy for you to purchase another HTC device, right? Even crazier to purchase a Samsung, if you care this deeply about updates.

    Do what I plan to do and ease your frustrations. Make this your last non Nexus device. Sense is awful and update delays are just something I don't want to deal with. Sprint will get the next Nexus and that's my next phone.
    The only way I would buy a Nexus device is direct upgrades from Google.

    Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2
  2. #77  
    dizzle16's Avatar

    Posts
    481 Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7/scott Pilgr

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Samsung g2 got it today. I so will not forget this sprint. If there's no LTE in Cleveland in feburary they can watch me walk
    Thanked by:
  3. #78  

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Quote Originally Posted by trinamorgan88 View Post
    The only way I would buy a Nexus device is direct upgrades from Google.

    Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2
    Am I missing something? I thought Google only direct sold the GSM versions?
  4. #79  
    Insp_Gadget's Avatar
    Inspector Gadget

    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.2.2 Stock

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Quote Originally Posted by herkeng130 View Post
    Am I missing something? I thought Google only direct sold the GSM versions?
    Correct. The fastest road to official OS updates is an unlocked GSM Nexus direct from Google's Play store. Anything else (purchased from a US CDMA carrier) will result in delays. Update delays for CDMA Nexus devices are shorter than non-Nexus devices, but there is still a delay.
    --Inspector Gadget

    Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Windows Mobile: Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Diamond
    WebOS: Palm Pre
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5
  5. #80  

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Correct. The fastest road to official OS updates is an unlocked GSM Nexus direct from Google's Play store. Anything else (purchased from a US CDMA carrier) will result in delays. Update delays for CDMA Nexus devices are shorter than non-Nexus devices, but there is still a delay.
    Agreed. So at this point, anyone who buys another Non GSM Nexus device should just know what they are getting themselves into, and shouldn't expect anything from a carrier, despite what they have been told or promised. Is it right? No, but that's the way it is. It's up to the user now.
    webOS is dead. Long live Android.
    Data Hog since 6/2009
  6. #81  
    BigDinCA's Avatar

    Posts
    870 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Quote Originally Posted by herkeng130 View Post
    Honestly, I do not see San Diego (and the northern part where I live and work) getting LTE for a LONG time, so I am not in a rush to get an LTE phone. Hell, I have had a WiMax phone (2) for going on 2+ years now. with zero ability to connect to a WiMax sig. My frustration isn't what phone to get in the future, it is why the hell haven't they fixed or given us what they have promised.......

    My HTC devise is fine, I like it a lot. It just has unused potential. A museum car if you will. Sure they look great, and have the engine in great shape...but it just can't drive. If I had to upgrade right now it would be to the E4GLTE over the GSIII but the Nexus does solve one of my problems...but see, that is Google, not Sprint. If Sprint had their way, they would keep them behind the line as well.
    I feel your pain, as I'm just north of you in Murrieta. This may help. The guys here seem to have a pretty good handle on the LTE deployments but, as always, take it for what it is.
    And for what it's worth, I have the new EVO and I love it. Once LTE hits, it will just be that much better honestly.

    Thanked by:
  7. #82  

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    ... and for everyone else...

  8. #83  
    SenseMonkey's Avatar

    Posts
    1,797 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Nexus phones are the "pure" google phones right.? I havent really looked into any of them. (._.)
  9. #84  

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Quote Originally Posted by herkeng130 View Post
    Honestly, I do not see San Diego (and the northern part where I live and work) getting LTE for a LONG time, so I am not in a rush to get an LTE phone. Hell, I have had a WiMax phone (2) for going on 2+ years now. with zero ability to connect to a WiMax sig. My frustration isn't what phone to get in the future, it is why the hell haven't they fixed or given us what they have promised.

    The problem is though using my analogy from above, I could switch to another dealer to get the faster roads in my area...but I would have to stop and pay tolls on top of the already expensive privilege to drive fast on them...

    My HTC devise is fine, I like it a lot. It just has unused potential. A museum car if you will. Sure they look great, and have the engine in great shape...but it just can't drive. If I had to upgrade right now it would be to the E4GLTE over the GSIII but the Nexus does solve one of my problems...but see, that is Google, not Sprint. If Sprint had their way, they would keep them behind the line as well.
    Ok while I'm still not seeing a lot of benefit to ICS, the part about networks I do agree with. It doesn't affect me too much because I frequent 4G WiMax areas most of the time, but for the rest of you I can understand endless frustration as other providers' 3G and 4G networks get faster and faster and Sprint's 3G seems to get slower and slower (at least in my experience.) And now the high-speed 4G connectivity on Sprint's new phones is on a network that hasn't even been deployed yet and might not ever get to a lot of areas - their track record with WiMax 4G is pretty abysmal (yes I know WiMax is a separate provider but still it's Sprint's responsibility to provide it to their customers.)

    I've been with Sprint for like 10 years but for all those reasons when my Sprint contract is up in a year I'm going to have to consider VERY carefully whether I want to stay with them or not. But, a lot can happen in a year.
  10. #85  
    eldub1's Avatar

    Posts
    820 Posts
    ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Of course a Google is going to get the update first. Root and get it now.
  11. #86  

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    I don't know what all you guys have heard, but I'm gonna have to agree with the masses here. Sprint is taking way too long, and keeps changing the OTA push for ICS, and it's ridiculous. With the GSII variant already getting it's OTA, makes me wonder what is so hard for them with this device. I'm a proud EVO 3D owner, but I'm about ready to say screw it, and go buy a nexus. I have already talked to people at HTC, and they confirmed it's up to spint now, but they seemingly are withholding it on purpose. Grr!
  12. #87  

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    Nexus phones are the "pure" google phones right.? I havent really looked into any of them. (._.)
    Yes, they are
  13. #88  
    jj14x's Avatar

    Posts
    524 Posts
    Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    Nexus phones are the "pure" google phones right.? I havent really looked into any of them. (._.)
    Define "pure"?
    If that means that Sprint Nexus phones are bloat free, yes.

    If that means that Sprint Nexus phones get OS updates directly (and timely) from google without carrier interruptions, No.
  14. #89  
    SenseMonkey's Avatar

    Posts
    1,797 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    The OS update seems to be taking forever cause sprints claims its in testing cause they say its the largest failure launch they've had with this phone; which i find to be a lie cause there was another phone they took off the store shelves even sooner then the 3D's life. The kyocera echo,it was (IMO) better then the OG Evo,yet alot of people didnt seem interested in it. Pretty good funtionality if u ask me,but again as for the ICS update,Sprint if full of sh*t,im not getting another phone(even if its from another provider) till this one gets ICS lol.
  15. #90  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    The OS update seems to be taking forever cause sprints claims its in testing cause they say its the largest failure launch they've had with this phone; which i find to be a lie cause there was another phone they took off the store shelves even sooner then the 3D's life. The kyocera echo,it was (IMO) better then the OG Evo,yet alot of people didnt seem interested in it. Pretty good funtionality if u ask me,but again as for the ICS update,Sprint if full of sh*t,im not getting another phone(even if its from another provider) till this one gets ICS lol.
    The battery life on that phone was pathetic. I work with a lady who has had 3 of the Kyocera phones and she couldn't get more than 4 hours from a charge.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
  16. #91  

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    The OS update seems to be taking forever cause sprints claims its in testing cause they say its the largest failure launch they've had with this phone; which i find to be a lie cause there was another phone they took off the store shelves even sooner then the 3D's life. The kyocera echo,it was (IMO) better then the OG Evo,yet alot of people didnt seem interested in it. Pretty good funtionality if u ask me,but again as for the ICS update,Sprint if full of sh*t,im not getting another phone(even if its from another provider) till this one gets ICS lol.
    Source?
    webOS is dead. Long live Android.
    Data Hog since 6/2009
  17. #92  
    SenseMonkey's Avatar

    Posts
    1,797 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Source?
    None,just my own opinion of why their taking long. But it is a fact that the Echo was taken off shelves before the 3D's 9months. I forgot where i read it but they said people didnt really seem too interested in buying it so they took it off shelves wayy earlier then they did the 3D. So the 3D probably sold more units,the echo was taken off store shelves at maybe less then 6months.
  18. #93  
    SenseMonkey's Avatar

    Posts
    1,797 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pergerson6 View Post
    The battery life on that phone was pathetic. I work with a lady who has had 3 of the Kyocera phones and she couldn't get more than 4 hours from a charge.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    If i remember correctly they gave the echo owners 2 batterys cause they knew it sucked lol.
  19. #94  

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Anyone else getting the Nexus 7?
    webOS is dead. Long live Android.
    Data Hog since 6/2009
  20. #95  

    Default

    Well I don't care if I ever get ics update anymore,, im getting new evo this weekend. They are letting me upgrade 18 days early. I have 5 lines that will all be eligible for full upgrades spread out through out the next year starting now. Going to be a fun year.

    EVO-LUTION 3D
  21. #96  

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Anyone else getting the Nexus 7?
    Yes, Looking into it. Either that or the other extreme, the Transformer tf700 infinity.
  22. #97  

    Default

    Is the Galaxy Nexus supposed to be superceded this Fall by a new Nexus phone or is it still a good Sprint replacement for the E3D?

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
  23. #98  

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    Quote Originally Posted by 6sigma View Post
    Is the Galaxy Nexus supposed to be superceded this Fall by a new Nexus phone or is it still a good Sprint replacement for the E3D?

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    I'd like to know this too because I'm considering snagging up one and ditch the EVO3D
    I have no signature.
  24. #99  

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    rumor is that there are going to be several Nexus devices coming in time for holiday season... so far just a rumor
  25. #100  
    SenseMonkey's Avatar

    Posts
    1,797 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

    I as well spoke with a sprint rep,and they told me a few features(same thing as the htc vivid ics) that would be on the ics update,and they told me it would be available around the end of july. So about 2 more weeks till ics is in our hands.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

B