ICS for the Sprint Evo 3d.

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Palm phones are perhaps the worst phones ever created.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I don't exactly agree with that. The PRE was a great phone for me. Maybe Palm could have been a contender. Had their marketing been better from the get-go, they might not have fallen so much for HP to gobble them up and spit them out. Or if HP had managed them better, or...

Now the PRE 2 and 3 were too little too late, but things were delayed so much who knows what could have happened if given the right circumstances.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't exactly agree with that. The PRE was a great phone for me. Maybe Palm could have been a contender. Had their marketing been better from the get-go, they might not have fallen so much for HP to gobble them up and spit them out. Or if HP had managed them better, or...

Now the PRE 2 and 3 were too little too late, but things were delayed so much who knows what could have happened if given the right circumstances.

If Palm had launched the Pre on Verizon instead of Sprint, webOS would still be around. By the time the Pre was on VZW, they had gone full in on Droid.
Well that, and the worst marketing ever, the creepy girl and the "busy mom."
Ugg.

Reactions: RaAkhenaton_AC

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
...and the worst marketing ever, the creepy girl and the "busy mom."
Ugg.

Yes! Most of the early ads, showed an inanimate device that was turned off! I mean come-on.
If they would have showed just how natural and intuitive the OS was...
The touchstone, brilliant! Nuff said.

I digress, sorry all for the OT, just had to make a stand for my "ex", my favorite phone so far.

RaAkhenaton_AC

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I too miss the annual upgrade. BUT like pergerson6 said above, other plans and carriers are more expensive. Especially compared to my grandfathered in Everything Family plan. There is nothing that comes close in price including new plans from Sprint. I could pay WAY more for LESS data, min and texts if I switched. No thanks.

Paying less for less service options and underutilized, overpriced equipment has grown old. I'm a short moment away from calculating the best time in my current contract to cut free and pay the infernal ETF. Supposedly, San Diego is set as part of Sprint's secondary tier of 4g-LTE cities. We shall see.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

RaAkhenaton_AC

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
If Palm had launched the Pre on Verizon instead of Sprint, webOS would still be around. By the time the Pre was on VZW, they had gone full in on Droid.
Well that, and the worst marketing ever, the creepy girl and the "busy mom."
Ugg.

Preach, sir, preach!

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

anon(377121)

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes! Most of the early ads, showed an inanimate device that was turned off! I mean come-on.
If they would have showed just how natural and intuitive the OS was...
The touchstone, brilliant! Nuff said.

I digress, sorry all for the OT, just had to make a stand for my "ex", my favorite phone so far.

I miss my touchstone so much. It was the best phone dock I have ever owned.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
The Pre was rubbish. I cursed at that phone 90% of the time I had it.

I had the palm pro! Mine would freeze around 10 times a day! I wanted to break it but I had already bashed a brand new HTC touch pro and I knew sprint wouldn't give me another phone.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

DreamMaster

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
It's no wonder that people keep creating new threads for ICS on the E3D. There are so many posts that have nothing to do with the subject.

Anyone know if there is anything that I should do to prepare my phone for the update, such as makeing sure apps are updated, updating PRL, Profile, etc.? Thanks.

anon(377121)

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
It's no wonder that people keep creating new threads for ICS on the E3D. There are so many posts that have nothing to do with the subject.

Anyone know if there is anything that I should do to prepare my phone for the update, such as makeing sure apps are updated, updating PRL, Profile, etc.? Thanks.

update your apps if you like, but really all you have to do is make sure its plugged in to a power source. I would also make sure your contacts, calenders, music, etc are backed up with google (or w/e you use), just in case the update craps on your phone for some reason.

</thread CPR>

Reactions: DreamMaster

reminiz

May 3, 2011
Visit site
anyone having a problem clicking on the "All messages" (text messages) icon after the update? Mine just keeps saying please wait and has the loading icon.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Looks like we all have it now. I'm on my second update. I did my wife's first. She is still praising all of the changes. She looks like a teen glued to her EVO3D.:)

Mine just finished and is updating the apps again. So far so good.

Romanu

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems to be doing the same "Please Wait" when I open the Messages app. Did it eventually go thru or did you do something to get around it?