ICS for the Sprint Evo 3d.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

Honestly, I do not see San Diego (and the northern part where I live and work) getting LTE for a LONG time, so I am not in a rush to get an LTE phone. Hell, I have had a WiMax phone (2) for going on 2+ years now. with zero ability to connect to a WiMax sig. My frustration isn't what phone to get in the future, it is why the hell haven't they fixed or given us what they have promised.......

My HTC devise is fine, I like it a lot. It just has unused potential. A museum car if you will. Sure they look great, and have the engine in great shape...but it just can't drive. If I had to upgrade right now it would be to the E4GLTE over the GSIII but the Nexus does solve one of my problems...but see, that is Google, not Sprint. If Sprint had their way, they would keep them behind the line as well.

I feel your pain, as I'm just north of you in Murrieta. This may help. The guys here seem to have a pretty good handle on the LTE deployments but, as always, take it for what it is.
And for what it's worth, I have the new EVO and I love it. Once LTE hits, it will just be that much better honestly.

San Diego Network Vision/LTE Deployment schedule update - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

Reactions: Spectre130

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Honestly, I do not see San Diego (and the northern part where I live and work) getting LTE for a LONG time, so I am not in a rush to get an LTE phone. Hell, I have had a WiMax phone (2) for going on 2+ years now. with zero ability to connect to a WiMax sig. My frustration isn't what phone to get in the future, it is why the hell haven't they fixed or given us what they have promised.

The problem is though using my analogy from above, I could switch to another dealer to get the faster roads in my area...but I would have to stop and pay tolls on top of the already expensive privilege to drive fast on them...

My HTC devise is fine, I like it a lot. It just has unused potential. A museum car if you will. Sure they look great, and have the engine in great shape...but it just can't drive. If I had to upgrade right now it would be to the E4GLTE over the GSIII but the Nexus does solve one of my problems...but see, that is Google, not Sprint. If Sprint had their way, they would keep them behind the line as well.
Ok while I'm still not seeing a lot of benefit to ICS, the part about networks I do agree with. It doesn't affect me too much because I frequent 4G WiMax areas most of the time, but for the rest of you I can understand endless frustration as other providers' 3G and 4G networks get faster and faster and Sprint's 3G seems to get slower and slower (at least in my experience.) And now the high-speed 4G connectivity on Sprint's new phones is on a network that hasn't even been deployed yet and might not ever get to a lot of areas - their track record with WiMax 4G is pretty abysmal (yes I know WiMax is a separate provider but still it's Sprint's responsibility to provide it to their customers.)

I've been with Sprint for like 10 years but for all those reasons when my Sprint contract is up in a year I'm going to have to consider VERY carefully whether I want to stay with them or not. But, a lot can happen in a year.

Roddy229

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

I don't know what all you guys have heard, but I'm gonna have to agree with the masses here. Sprint is taking way too long, and keeps changing the OTA push for ICS, and it's ridiculous. With the GSII variant already getting it's OTA, makes me wonder what is so hard for them with this device. I'm a proud EVO 3D owner, but I'm about ready to say screw it, and go buy a nexus. I have already talked to people at HTC, and they confirmed it's up to spint now, but they seemingly are withholding it on purpose. Grr!

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Nexus phones are the "pure" google phones right.? I havent really looked into any of them. (._.)

Define "pure"?
If that means that Sprint Nexus phones are bloat free, yes.

If that means that Sprint Nexus phones get OS updates directly (and timely) from google without carrier interruptions, No.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

The OS update seems to be taking forever cause sprints claims its in testing cause they say its the largest failure launch they've had with this phone; which i find to be a lie cause there was another phone they took off the store shelves even sooner then the 3D's life. The kyocera echo,it was (IMO) better then the OG Evo,yet alot of people didnt seem interested in it. Pretty good funtionality if u ask me,but again as for the ICS update,Sprint if full of sh*t,im not getting another phone(even if its from another provider) till this one gets ICS lol.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
The OS update seems to be taking forever cause sprints claims its in testing cause they say its the largest failure launch they've had with this phone; which i find to be a lie cause there was another phone they took off the store shelves even sooner then the 3D's life. The kyocera echo,it was (IMO) better then the OG Evo,yet alot of people didnt seem interested in it. Pretty good funtionality if u ask me,but again as for the ICS update,Sprint if full of sh*t,im not getting another phone(even if its from another provider) till this one gets ICS lol.

The battery life on that phone was pathetic. I work with a lady who has had 3 of the Kyocera phones and she couldn't get more than 4 hours from a charge.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Source?

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

None,just my own opinion of why their taking long. But it is a fact that the Echo was taken off shelves before the 3D's 9months. I forgot where i read it but they said people didnt really seem too interested in buying it so they took it off shelves wayy earlier then they did the 3D. So the 3D probably sold more units,the echo was taken off store shelves at maybe less then 6months.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
The battery life on that phone was pathetic. I work with a lady who has had 3 of the Kyocera phones and she couldn't get more than 4 hours from a charge.

If i remember correctly they gave the echo owners 2 batterys cause they knew it sucked lol.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I don't care if I ever get ics update anymore,, im getting new evo this weekend. They are letting me upgrade 18 days early. I have 5 lines that will all be eligible for full upgrades spread out through out the next year starting now. Going to be a fun year.

EVO-LUTION 3D

6sigma

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Is the Galaxy Nexus supposed to be superceded this Fall by a new Nexus phone or is it still a good Sprint replacement for the E3D?

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Is the Galaxy Nexus supposed to be superceded this Fall by a new Nexus phone or is it still a good Sprint replacement for the E3D?

I'd like to know this too because I'm considering snagging up one and ditch the EVO3D

tdesai4

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

rumor is that there are going to be several Nexus devices coming in time for holiday season... so far just a rumor

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

I as well spoke with a sprint rep,and they told me a few features(same thing as the htc vivid ics) that would be on the ics update,and they told me it would be available around the end of july. So about 2 more weeks till ics is in our hands. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol