ICS for the Sprint Evo 3d.

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I as well spoke with a sprint rep,and they told me a few features(same thing as the htc vivid ics) that would be on the ics update,and they told me it would be available around the end of july. So about 2 more weeks till ics is in our hands. :)

Was told yesterday from Sprint Executive Services that they do have the update and it should start pushing out in about two weeks. So the time period is about the same.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2

GTAFan9999

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

I gave up hope on the OTA months ago. I rooted and used one of the VM's ROMs. It's sad how the VM 3D had 4.0. Yet Sprint users are left out. I don't see what Sprint could still be "testing" since the VM leaked ROMs work fine.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
It came with Dropbox which is actually really handy. Would never have known about this app otherwise.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums

bdpowersuply

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
with the variety of ICS ROMs out there, who cares if we get an "official" ICS update?
I wAnt to root my EVO 3d but I am not a phone nerd is it really hard to a lame man
Root your phones and get out from under the thumb of the Man that's keeping stuff from you because He thinks you'll get frustrated and buy a new phone.

I don't know where it's written in stone that any manufacturer or carrier is required to update any of their phones. If it's not, then all this bellyaching and crying about corporate greed is just BS.

Think about it...when a new OS comes out for the PC many of you are typing on - do you get it FREE? Last I saw, I had to pay to go from Vista to WIN7....or from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion (really?)

Besides, with JB set to drop (and already in AOSP) as soon as you get ICS you'll all be complaining about why you don't have JB yet.

ROOT AND BE FREE!!

mark5150s

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Copy and paste from CNET.com

If you own an HTC Evo 3D or Evo Design 4G, here's a bit of good news. An update to Google's modern Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system is just around the corner.

Android ICS certainly isn't Google's freshest mobile software flavor, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Frankly I'd rather have the nimbler handling and trove of new abilities JB brings to the table.

Sadly you'll have to patiently wait a few more weeks, until early August, before the roll out begins. Just remember to manually check for any updates by tapping Menu, Settings, System Updates, frequently on your device if tasty ICS remains out of sight

Read more: Evo Design 4G, Evo 3D will receive Android 4.0 shortly | Dialed In - CNET Blogs

nathan_arizona

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

Hi everyone, I'm not a super active member here but I wanted to share this little bit of information that I received from HTC. I can't get it to work, probably because my phone won't recognize the dates and times to use the internet. If anyone can figure out how to make the below work please share.

Dear Nathan,

I understand that you are enquiring about when the Ice Cream Sandwich update, Android 4.0 will be coming out to the Evo 3D. I know how important it is to get your device updated to the most current software and I will be happy to help you with that. It is showing in our system that the Evo 3D is to get the update from June-July. If you currently do not have the device up to date, you can go into menu>settings>date and time>uncheck automatic>change the date and time to 3 months, 3 days, and 3 years in advanced>go back out to the main screen like you are going to make a phone call>dial *#*#2432546#*#* and you should see ?check-in succeeded?>go into your menu>settings>check for updates. It may or may not come out over the air right now but that is a way you can check for updates. Nathan, if you have any further questions, please reply to this email. I want to thank you so much for contacting HTC and have a wonderful night.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Amy

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

From Q1 to June, to June-July, to early August. And that could mean August 14.
Thanks Sprint and HTC for making my next phone purchase crystal clear.

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

... go into menu>settings>date and time>uncheck automatic>change the date and time to 3 months, 3 days, and 3 years in advanced>go back out to the main screen like you are going to make a phone call>dial *#*#2432546#*#* and you should see “check-in succeeded”>go into your menu>settings>check for updates.

Tried it, no go.
Was unable to advance year, anytime I tried it reset to current date/time. I am able to change the day and month though.
Set date in December, checked in; no HTC software or firmware updates.

As I understand it, this check in procedure can work to get the update once it has gone OTA but your phone has not yet received the pop-up stating there is an update.
Not sure if advancing the date is needed though.

P.S.
Just don't set it to 12/21/12 'cause you might kick off the end of the world a bit early. :(

Edit: fixed EOW date.

Last edited:

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Tried it, no go.
Was unable to advance year, anytime I tried it reset to current time. Can change day and month though.
Set date in December, checked in; no HTC software or firmware updates.

As I understand it, this check in procedure can work to get the update once it has gone OTA but your phone has not yet received the pop-up stating there is an update.
Not sure if advancing the date is needed though.

P.S.
Just don't set it to 12/12/12 'cause you might kick off the end of the world a bit early. :(

Tried it also,i got the time and everything to change,but it didnt say any update was available. And oh no.! :O

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, traded in the evo 3d. Dam the update. The white evo 4G is sweet. They made me do what I was going to do anyway in 2 weeks.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

The only reason why I'm waiting this craziness out, is that I refuse to upgrade to a lte phone that doesn't have LTE support as of yet. I'm not sure when NYC will get LTE _ so for the time being...I'm okay using Sprint Wimax 4g on my Evo 3d - in addition with the long awaited Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) upgrade. :)))

Spectre130

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
The only reason why I'm waiting this craziness out, is that I refuse to upgrade to a lte phone that doesn't have LTE support as of yet. I'm not sure when NYC will get LTE _ so for the time being...I'm okay using Sprint Wimax 4g on my Evo 3d - in addition with the long awaited Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) upgrade. :)))

At least you have WiMax...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: sunriseshell

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
This evo lte is my third 4g phone and I am yet to have any 4g service of any kind. I have been with sprint for over 12 years and other then that I have had nothing but great service from them. I pretty much think my 3g service is plenty fast enough but at least I have something to look forward to when they flip the switch here in the Boston /Providence area. If I did not get the latest phones because of 4g service I would be still using my garbage palm pre.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Reactions: glenninduluth

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site

So did we get Eclair,"I mean" Froyo(whoops), a Gingerbread(maybe), ICS or Jelly Bean yet? I love having a phone that is behind 2 operating systems. It is like having a brand new computer with Windows 98 on it. So, we are getting ICS finally on a device that was top of the line just a year ago, even though ICS has been out, what 9 months. So in August will will get ICS, wow (sarcasm), now we are only 1 operating system behind. I am about to give up on Android and move to the dark side (Apple). I never thought I would think about doing this, but I hate that Android is too fragmented. At least at Apple, everyone gets the new operating system, unless their device is over 2 years old. Time will only tell if I stay or do I go. I use to love Android so much, now I am growing tired of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37