Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ICS for the Sprint Evo 3d.

I just wanted to create one thread for the ics update, when and if it ever comes out, that we can all share and communicate our likes, dislikes and problems, and so there's not a whole bunch of threads out there for one thing. Thanks

Sent from my Evo 3d using Tapatalk!

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

Thank you I think the sprint users need this
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I got tired of seeing threads with the other evo 3d around the world getting it. It got my hopes up real quick. So I thought I'd make it easy for us sprint Evo 3d users.

Sent from my Evo 3d using Tapatalk!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    870 Global Posts

Yes, thank you. The news is both exciting and depressing at the same time. I just rooted my friends HTC Inspire to ICS today and it was tempting to do my E3D. However I think I can hold out for the fixes to be made and for Sprint to release.
    Android Ninja in Training
    EVO 3D
    TF201 64GB

You know that this thread also adds to the clutter and gives people fasle hope that ICS is out for Sprint right?
    webOS is dead. Long live Android.
    Data Hog since 6/2009

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    You know that this thread also adds to the clutter and gives people fasle hope that ICS is out for Sprint right?
    But less then it not beinq here ahaaa... And boy you sure see the bright side of everything huh.?

People are gonna make a bunch of threads anyway. It's not enough to just add to someone else's topic, they need to make their own.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums

Then can it be remaned "The Official Sprint EVO 3D Anticipation thread" or something to that effect. Right now it appears to be just another ICS thread.
    Data Hog since 6/2009
    Thanked by:
    migs 

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

^ "The Offical Sprint EVO 3D Anticipation thread" lol..

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Whatever the name, I am posting for therapeutic reasons to help deal with the frustration of the wait. Thanks for the thread, it feels good to know I am not alone in my plight. Now bring on the ice cream.....please!

=Re-post from official Sprint forum=

Sprint Community: Sprint RELEASE THE 3D ICS OTA UPDATE YOU HAVE BEEN SITTING ON!

How is it that the VM 3D already has ICS it but Sprint customers do not?

It seems every carrier in the world has ICS for the EVO 3D except Sprint!

Is it just greed? You know people want to be running the latest and greatest so why not make them buy a new phone to do so.

You just want to sell a bunch of new LTE (Sprint Network Vision) phones w/ICS to poor saps who don't even know there is practically NO LTE network infrastructure in place! And I almost forgot they get the privilege of paying an extra $10.00 a month for the use of the practically non-existent network.

In the mean time you have customers that have been with you for many years getting ready to jump ship for business practices like this.

Just go to any Android forum and read some of the posts regarding Sprints EVO 3D & waiting for the ICS OTA. Your really ticking off your customers and from what I can tell you can ill-afford losing yet more of your customer base.

Release the update already, I know you have it! Don't ask how but I do.

I know this will probably never get read by any Sprint employee with any clout but at least I got to vent to my fellow frustrated 3D owners.

Now excuse me while I go stand by the railing of this ship.

Do the right thing Sprint, push the EVO 3D ICS OTA!

Send an email to dan@sprint.com let them know how you feel about the lack of support for your EVO 3D!

Make it easy if you have replied to this thread just copy & paste your post into your email and include a link to this thread.

Even if you have not and don't wish to post in the thread send an email anyway!

Suggested subject line: "Do the right thing Sprint, push the EVO 3D ICS OTA!" or whatever you want just make sure you let them know you want ICS on you EVO 3D! NOW!
    makris0000 likes this.

Question to those unrooted AND waiting VERY impatienttly for ICS.
    Jelly Bean drops in two weeks.

Will this be your last non Nexus device, and if not, why?
    Assuming you want to stay on Sprint and the next Nexus launches on Sprint, or willing to leave carriers to get one.
    Data Hog since 6/2009

I've just about convinced myself that I'll be going Nexus when my contract is up this time...
    radroider likes this.

Don't get me wrong I'm waiting for ICS just like everyone but didn't Sprint say it was due in the June/July time frame. I'm not trying to troll or anything I just hate checking this page everyday and every other carrier getting the update except Sprint.

Sums it up
    Thanked by 2:
    sunriseshell and pmjj like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuy85 View Post
    Don't get me wrong I'm waiting for ICS just like everyone but didn't Sprint say it was due in the June/July time frame. I'm not trying to troll or anything I just hate checking this page everyday and every other carrier getting the update except Sprint.
    HTC has stated June-July time frame. Sprint has never release any time frame.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Question to those unrooted AND waiting VERY impatienttly for ICS.
    Jelly Bean drops in two weeks.

Will this be your last non Nexus device, and if not, why?
    Assuming you want to stay on Sprint and the next Nexus launches on Sprint, or willing to leave carriers to get one.
    I'm not 100% sure that a Nexus would fix this problem. Verizon blocked one of the Galaxy Nexus upgrades for several months even though it was a signal strength issue.

So, I'm very split on my next phone.

Finally got a reply from @sprintcare on twitter. Same has on the phone. Sent several tweets asking more questions, no reply yet.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ICS for the Sprint Evo 3d.-uploadfromtaptalk1341618702808.jpg  

Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by EVOnBluHvn View Post
    I've just about convinced myself that I'll be going Nexus when my contract is up this time...
    I tried to wait, but couldn't - bought a Galaxy Nexus from craigslist...
    In other news, Samsung projects record breaking Q2 profits as HTC profits take a nosedive | Android and Me

(yes, I realize that Sprint is probably to blame for the delayed ICS for EVO 3D)

I have a question...I am really interested in getting a Nexus...but was wondering if getting OTA updates pushed from Google is only the case with unlocked GSM version...if I get the CDMA Sprint version, am I still at mercy of Sprint for updates like Jelly Bean?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tdesai4 View Post
    I have a question...I am really interested in getting a Nexus...but was wondering if getting OTA updates pushed from Google is only the case with unlocked GSM version...if I get the CDMA Sprint version, am I still at mercy of Sprint for updates like Jelly Bean?

Thanks
    This is a very good question that I was considering posting on the Galaxy Nexus forums. I do have an upgrade available and the Galaxy Nexus is priced at $99 on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by tdesai4 View Post

Thanks
    The Sprint/Verizon Galaxy Nexus phones do take a little longer to get updates, but not that much longer. Plus the option of custom ROMs gives you almost instant access to any update the GSM Galaxy Nexus gets.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I emailed sprint yesterday about being angry about ics not being pushed to e3d....And asked why wr haven't got it yet... Here is the reply... On Jul 7, 2012 10:56 AM, "Dan@sprint.com" <Dan@sprint.com> wrote: > > Dear Mr.Stewart, > > Thank you for contacting Dan@Sprint.com. > > I am in receipt of your email and I would like to speak with you over > the phone. However your email didn’t have your Sprint number or account > number for me to speak with you to address your concerns. > > If you can please email me your contact number or I can be reached at > 757-223-3860.My office hours for next week is Monday-Thursday from 11:00 > am-8:00 pm &Friday from 11:00 am-3:00 pm EST. or just reply to this > email. > > Thank you again for contacting Dan@Sprint.com. > > Sincerely, > Prudence H. > 757-223-3860 > Sprint

Just spoke with Sprint and just like the rest of you they told me it was still in the testing phase....Sounds like a load of crap to me...

Quote Originally Posted by srs1578 View Post
    Just spoke with Sprint and just like the rest of you they told me it was still in the testing phase....Sounds like a load of crap to me...
    technically they are correct. They are all testing our nerves.
    jj14x likes this.
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast