I think I killed my 3d

jfstx1

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
So in trying to load a ics rom I lost my stock file. I downloaded one, and all was fine for 2 days. Last night my phone went into reboot hell. I was able to get it to the hboot screen, It says there is no image, won't let me into the recovery area. I just goes to reboot screens and loops. Am I s.o.l.???

thanks,
JfStX

spaceosc

May 15, 2011
Visit site
alright sounds good, there a variety of ways to go from this point. if it were me id go back to that guide and redo it starting at Step 17. get plugged into your pc, with the Android SDK and HTC drivers installed and boot into HBOOT, once u plug in the USB cable from your PC to the EVO 3D u will follow the guide which will flash CWM back onto your phone.

once u got installed u can possibly restore your nandroid backup or maybe just move on to a functional rom, like MeanRom.

so the goal for now is to get CWM working so that you can get your phone up and running.

Let us know how it goes.:cool:

oh and if u cant get CWM to work, maybe following this guide will help:

http://htcevohacks.com/htc-evo-3d-hacks/how-to-install-4ext-recovery-on-htc-evo-3d-cdmagsm/

it will help u flash an alternate recovery. which means u wont be able to recover your "backup" but it will allow u to flash a different ROM

Reactions: jfstx1

jfstx1

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the advise. Unfortunately I can't even get the computer to recognize the phone via usb. I also can't the phone past the fastboot usb screen. if i try to do anything it restarts into the bootloops. Guess it's time for a new phone. I really wanted to learn this stuff. I really want a pure android experience. JB looks to be nice.

spaceosc

May 15, 2011
Visit site
if u got to FASTBOOT USB then your computer detected the phone just fine. what did it say when when trying to work in the command line?

Reactions: jfstx1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21