Exchange won't sync and phone acting weird

hitraj47

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm having an annoying issue with my Evo 3D. For almost a week exchange has not been able to sync and I have no idea why. I haven't done any updates or changed the account details, it just seemed to stop working. I bought my 3d on release day and it's been working fine up till now.

I know that the exchange server is working because it works when I check my email on my laptop or pc. I have tried syncing whilst on 3g,4G and wifi and still I get this error:

"Exchange sync error, synchronization is experiencing problems"

I'm sorry that's all I have for an error message. It's just the mail that won't sync, the calendar and contacts seem to sync.

Another issue I'm having is that whilst on 3G or 4g,when an app updates in the market, it doesn't download. Instead it looks like it's starting the download but just says "connecting" for a really long time. There was an update to instagram just recently, it tried to download it, but like I said, all it said was "connecting". Then when I switched to wifi it started the download immediately!

These issues seem like they randomly appeared one day. I haven't messed with any of the settings before as I had no reason to, my phone was working flawlessly before :-(

Edit: I just looked at another thread here, apparently Google took out support for wimax in the latest play update? The message I was getting when downloading an app was "waiting for network". Why?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm having an annoying issue with my Evo 3D. For almost a week exchange has not been able to sync and I have no idea why. I haven't done any updates or changed the account details, it just seemed to stop working. I bought my 3d on release day and it's been working fine up till now.

I know that the exchange server is working because it works when I check my email on my laptop or pc. I have tried syncing whilst on 3g,4G and wifi and still I get this error:

"Exchange sync error, synchronization is experiencing problems"

I'm sorry that's all I have for an error message. It's just the mail that won't sync, the calendar and contacts seem to sync.

Another issue I'm having is that whilst on 3G or 4g,when an app updates in the market, it doesn't download. Instead it looks like it's starting the download but just says "connecting" for a really long time. There was an update to instagram just recently, it tried to download it, but like I said, all it said was "connecting". Then when I switched to wifi it started the download immediately!

These issues seem like they randomly appeared one day. I haven't messed with any of the settings before as I had no reason to, my phone was working flawlessly before :-(

Edit: I just looked at another thread here, apparently Google took out support for wimax in the latest play update? The message I was getting when downloading an app was "waiting for network". Why?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
Not sure if this is related, my Exchange email stopped syncing last week. I did some research and found that the server address changes in the background, the web access can handle this but phones or email clients can get synching issues.
I deleted and re-added the account with a server address of m.outlook.com, this fixed my issue.
I understand this will work for compaines that use web based outlook. If your company has an internal Exchange server you likely have another issue.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2