Should I get a 4G LTE?

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I was checking my usage today, and was surprised to see that I had a full upgrade available on my phone, despite having used it to purchase the Evo 3D last year. So my question is, is the 4G LTE worth getting if I have an Evo 3D? My biggest problems with the 3D is the bad camera, and the battery life. I can usually only get three hours of display usage on my phone, is the 4G LTE any better?

My biggest concern is that I don't want to throw away my upgrade if there is something significantly better coming out within the next year, since then I can't upgrade for another two years. On another note, has anyone bought a phone from amazon wireless before? Is it easy to use your upgrade there? They have the 4G LTE for only $80.

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I would check with Sprint first to make sure the upgrade is available and not an error on their part since you used it last year on your 3d. I recommend checking out the EVO LTE section and doing some research there. I do know the LTE has a major multitasking issue.

Earlier this year I switched to Verizon from Sprint and purchased my phone through Amazon Wireless. Was a good experience and only thing to remember is you can't make any changes to your plan for six months or you will have to pay a fee.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

tdesai4

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat...have upgrade available but not sure I should use it for new Evo..rumor is another Nexus coming out by end of year, so I thin I am going to wait to see if that happens...I think I would prefer a Nexus device

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I was checking my usage today, and was surprised to see that I had a full upgrade available on my phone, despite having used it to purchase the Evo 3D last year. So my question is, is the 4G LTE worth getting if I have an Evo 3D? My biggest problems with the 3D is the bad camera, and the battery life. I can usually only get three hours of display usage on my phone, is the 4G LTE any better?

My biggest concern is that I don't want to throw away my upgrade if there is something significantly better coming out within the next year, since then I can't upgrade for another two years. On another note, has anyone bought a phone from amazon wireless before? Is it easy to use your upgrade there? They have the 4G LTE for only $80.

If the last couple years have taught us anything there is ALWAYS something better coming out next year. Had I waited I could have got a Gnex in the spring, but I didn't know that last June.
Find something you like and get it. I really think it'd be hard to go wrong with any of the top three Sprint phones; Gnex, SIII, or 4G LTE.

I was leaning towards the 4G LTE because of the hardware specs and the fact I liked my 3VO. However I went Gnex because I realized that the software experience is where it's at for me. Heck hardware wise the 3VO was still great, more than I needed.
I use my Nikon digital camera for good pics. For me a camera on a phone is for the quick, casual shots.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Its also important to ask if you have 3G only, WiMax and or LTE available in your area.
For me, Dallas, i am starting to regret getting rid of my Epic Touch. I have yet to get a stable LTE connection. In fact i have issues just getting EVDO data speeds back. Most of the time its stuck in 1x land or in a data limbo that only a power cycle will fix. Combine that with the multitasking issue. I went into a Sprint store the other day just to look at the GS3.
I have an ad on CL for anybody who has a GS3 blue and wants to swap for my EVO LTE.
I like the build quality of the EVO LTE but still a few bugs that in my opinion are not getting enough attention.
So if your NOT in an LTE area think twice about being stuck on 3G only.. LIke me.
If your in an LTE area try to get some real world feed back on its coverage and availability.
If your a past fan of Samsung like i am think twice about getting the EVO LTE.
Above all go in to a store and put hands on time with both devices.
I made the mistake of buying my EVO LTE Before sammy released its GS3.
Now i wish i would have waited and got the GS3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze