EVO 3D with Virgin Mobile ICS

petef3

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I was given a Sprint EVO 3D that has ICS loaded on it. When I power it up the phone says Virgin Mobile at the top of the screen. Everything else says Sprint. Will this phone work with Sprint? Sprint verified that the ESN is clean.

Thanks
Pete

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I was given a Sprint EVO 3D that has ICS loaded on it. When I power it up the phone says Virgin Mobile at the top of the screen. Everything else says Sprint. Will this phone work with Sprint? Sprint verified that the ESN is clean.

Thanks
Pete

It will work with sprint but the only issue will be its running VM firmware. I have ics on my phone, but I didn't push the new firmware. I still have the 2.17 update installed.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

xcpefrmreality

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Thanks
Pete

Can you go to settings/about phone and tell me which pri you have. I ask because that phone might have the virgin mobile firmware flashed to it.

xcpefrmreality

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Opps, I gave the wrong number. PRI 1.53_145.

The last 3 numbers should be _003.

_144 is virgin mobile firmware.
_145 is a modified pri made by chad Goodman that was intended to fix the virgin mobile firmware but ended up only being a cosmetic fix.
_vin was a fix made by vin that was also just cosmetic.

Your phone has been flashed with the virgin mobile firmware, don't be surprised if it won't activate, but it might.

Get msl reader from the market and run it, see if your msl is 000000

You need to use unknownforces ultimate tool to fully recover your phone. The fix just came out about 2 weeks ago.

xcpefrmreality

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The pri is 21089. If it has been flashed for VM it can be flashed back to Sprint, right?

This doesn't mean its been flashed to virgin mobile. It means that its running virgin mobile firmware, so the sprint towers see it as a virgin mobile phone and you'll get less tower priority, and you'll likely get dropped data and just a crappy connection in general.

Edit... If the phone was flashed over to VM, that would be an easy fix. Your problem runs deeper. If you want it fixed, be ready to use some linux.

Last edited:

sgtmacabre

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
This doesn't mean its been flashed to virgin mobile. It means that its running virgin mobile firmware, so the sprint towers see it as a virgin mobile phone and you'll get less tower priority, and you'll likely get dropped data and just a crappy connection in general.

Edit... If the phone was flashed over to VM, that would be an easy fix. Your problem runs deeper. If you want it fixed, be ready to use some linux.

not quite. Virgin mobile is now selling sprint branded EVO 3Ds in virgin mobile boxes. Everything is virgin but the phone says sprint. I bought a virgin EVo 3D that looks just like a sprint phone with the sprint logo on the bezel but it has all virgin mobile software and bloatware. they are doing this to keep up with the demand for the phone.

If it is a sprint phone flashed to virgin mobile then all you have to to is follow the to fix the VM ICS leak. there is one on the XDA website.

if it is a Virgin mobile phone, there is also a way to flash a sprint stock ROM.

If you go to about phone --->phone identity ------>phone name should be HTC EVO V.

V for virgin mobile. If it doesnt say that it is a tru sprint phone. (unlsess it says something completely different then it has been changed from the stock ID) They all work on on the sprint cdma snetwork but as stated earlier virgin gets a lower tower prioirty and throttled data speeds... Virgin's 4G is about as fast as Sprints 3G and Virgin 3G is about as fast as tmobile edge (even a bit slower)...

My EVo 3D V has a sprint ics ROM..meanrom 2.6 installed by me. it came virgin stock (sprint TV, Sprin acct info, Sprint bloatware etc.) but it is a virgin phone from day one.

It actually looks like it is a refurbished phone due to some minor defects.....

Phw8558

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a evo 3d (v) with virgin mobile and I have flashed the Sprint prl, pri, and radio

My phone came stock virgin mobile, no Sprint anything.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2