Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

I love this update! My only question is can u hide the bloatware apps after u uninstall them? I was told that u could but I haven't figured out how.

Sent from my Evo 3d using Tapatalk!

Default Re: Sprint ICS update now live!!!

MY phone restarts constantly, every 5 mins. Everthing is slow, sluggish. Gmail is always asking for permission and the phone freezes and locks up constantly. I'm completely stock, never rooted. Anyone else?
    webOS is dead. Long live Android.
    Data Hog since 6/2009

Also, what happened to swipe to delete? Did HTC disable that as well?
    Data Hog since 6/2009

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    MY phone restarts constantly, every 5 mins. Everthing is slow, sluggish. Gmail is always asking for permission and the phone freezes and locks up constantly. I'm completely stock, never rooted. Anyone else?
    I'm not experiencing any of those issues and I'm stock too. My phone is much faster now. My only issue is Play Store freezing when opened from a notification alert for an update. Otherwise it opens fine.

Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Also, what happened to swipe to delete? Did HTC disable that as well?
    Swipe to delete is working for me and others I have been around for the past two days. I haven't seen others post this issue yet.
    Android Ninja in Training
    EVO 3D
    TF201 64GB

Quote Originally Posted by enthuz View Post
    I'm not experiencing any of those issues and I'm stock too. My phone is much faster now. My only issue is Play Store freezing when opened from a notification alert for an update. Otherwise it opens fine.

Swipe to delete is working for me and others I have been around for the past two days. I haven't seen others post this issue yet.
    Do you use a sd card? When i take my sd card it works just fine, when I put it back in, it's constant locking up and restarting. Swipe to delete not working in gmail at all...
    Data Hog since 6/2009

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

Just the 8GB one which is almost full. I'm constantly having to make room as I did to get this update. I thought that the lack of free space would cause me issues with ICS, but so far so good.
    EVO 3D
    TF201 64GB

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I have noticed that after I make or receive a call and hang up, about a second later my phone rings for about half a second then stops. I thought I was missing calls, but I can reproduce the issue after EVERY call.
    I am guessing I have an app that is causing this. Going to start removing my GoogleVoice-related apps. Anybody else experience anything like this?

Quote Originally Posted by enthuz View Post

My play store hangs when I access it through notifications as well. Instead of going back to the home screen and back to the play store, I just hit search and look for a random app then hit my apps so I'll be back to updating apps.

What I don't like about the update is that they bundled facebook with it. I hate facebook

I thought three was supposed to be a new keyboard with this update. It seems exactly the same to me...

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Someone mentioned not being able to uninstall the bloatware apps... I think this changed with gb as before it kept bugging me to update blockbuster... I've never used blockbuster and I thought I had uninstalled it. I've kept these apps up to date because I have the space and if I try and remove them, all its going to do is annoy me into reinstalling them. Typical scumbag cell phone company, pushing these pointless bloatware apps onto us. What's really sad is that when the phone originally came out, you could remove the majority of the bloatware, at least the sprint branded bloatware.

I'm so glad to have a nexus device, it makes me feel like I just showered after not doing so for over a year :-P

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FusioNFro View Post
    My play store hangs when I access it through notifications as well. Instead of going back to the home screen and back to the play store, I just hit search and look for a random app then hit my apps so I'll be back to updating apps.

What I don't like about the update is that they bundled facebook with it. I hate facebook
    I just hit the context button and chose My Apps. I also despise Facebook. I wanted to try out Spotify, but I refuse to open a Facebook account, so no Spotify for me.
    EVO 3D
    TF201 64GB
    Thanked by:

Think I might like GB better, ICS is buggy on 3D

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Binx88 View Post
    Before the ICS update, I was able to use EQ or Music Volume EQ to boost sound. After the update, the volume seems to be extremely low and neither of the EQ apps seem to work. Anyone else experiencing the issue?
    Actual,my eq settings make it louder. Or s i think anyways. I use rock for everhthing. It boosts bass,makes the sound clearer,and i also change the eq of my headset to boost bass so i got great slunding music.

So far I have not had one single issue with ICS. No rebooting, freezing, ect.. As for stock apps that I had removed before the update (Blockbuster, Sprint TV, ect..), none of them even show up in the "My Apps" list on Play Store anymore. Before ICS they would always be there as needing to be updated. I couldn't be happier!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by SipperPhoto View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to get the facial recognition lock screen to work? I still have the old round ring lockscreen. It's fine, but I'd like to check the other one out.

The only problems I've had were notifications were a bit janky. I pretty much had to reset the sounds, etc.

What other features should I be looking for? Other than some slight visual differences, I'm not seeing a massive difference.
    Folders are improved. Try dragging one app into another app on your screen. The 2 will combine to make a folder only there won't be a ugly folder icon,, there will be a box with both apps in it with both icons visible.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte
    love my evo.

They looked like this

Sent from my EVO 4g lte
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint ICS update now live!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1343955845970.jpg  
    love my evo.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123