1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Messaging App on ICS

Hey

Is anyone else having trouble opening there messaging app and sending/receiving texts. Mine just says please wait. I know a few other people were having the same issue.

Default Re: Messaging App on ICS

mine did that for a few minutes and then it refreshed and works fine now

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

Yes, let it run when you open it after the update. Afterwards, it should open fine. You may find that a few apps have to update on first run with the OS upgrade. Once it is all done, you will be pleased.
    Android Ninja in Training
    EVO 3D
    TF201 64GB
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I've let mine run for almost 10 mins and still says please wait

Let it keep running. Mine took well over 10 minutes, but eventually completed...I think it depends on how many text messages you have.

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

Sorry I can't help you more. My wife was like others until I pushed for her to delete old messages or use GV, which defaults to 30 day syncs on the phone. It still took her 5-10 minutes for it to go away though. Since she switched careers from IT Engineering, she acts like she has forgotten all of the PM steps to adhere to with computerized devices. However it costs too much $$$ to upgrade her.
    Android Ninja in Training
    EVO 3D
    TF201 64GB

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Here's what I did to (maybe) speed up the process. Go to Settings -> Developer Options and check the box for "Stay Awake." This will prevent the phone from going to sleep and should keep the messages loading or doing whatever ICS is doing that needs to be done for the messages to show up.

Also, once this process completes, it looks like its taking a long time for message threads with lots of messages to open as well.

Patience will be required. unfortunately...

Yeah I updated right before work this morning, the messaging app did that all day long until about 5pm and then it started working. Maybe it's a good practice to delete your text messages before updating to ICS