Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eacura69
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Default EVO 3D Sound Issue

I'm having issues with the internal speaker not working the vast majority of the time. I had the issue before the ICS udpate, and continue to have it. The only way I can make the speaker work (and it's only temporary) is by doing a factory reset.

Before the ICS update came out, I ran an RUU against my phone just to see if it was software related. Even after, it continued to 'lose' the speaker, preventing me from using the phone or hearing any audio from media. I thought perhaps ICS would solve this issue... no luck.

-sprint customer
    -not rooted
    -new ics update from sprint
    -phone is a month old, replaced by Asurion (issues started about 1 week ago)

I'm torn between it being a hardware and software issue, the fact that I can 'fix' it by doing a factory reset, leads me to believe it's some corrupt driver... the fact that it has failed consistently on several different ROMs makes me think it's hardware. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: EVO 3D Sound Issue

Quote Originally Posted by toekramp View Post
    I'm having issues with the internal speaker not working the vast majority of the time. I had the issue before the ICS udpate, and continue to have it. The only way I can make the speaker work (and it's only temporary) is by doing a factory reset.

Before the ICS update came out, I ran an RUU against my phone just to see if it was software related. Even after, it continued to 'lose' the speaker, preventing me from using the phone or hearing any audio from media. I thought perhaps ICS would solve this issue... no luck.

-sprint customer
    -not rooted
    -new ics update from sprint
    -phone is a month old, replaced by Asurion (issues started about 1 week ago)

I'm torn between it being a hardware and software issue, the fact that I can 'fix' it by doing a factory reset, leads me to believe it's some corrupt driver... the fact that it has failed consistently on several different ROMs makes me think it's hardware. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm almost positive is Hardware related. I had to have my speaker replaced several months ago at a Sprint Store because it was doing the same thing. Good Luck!
    Thanked by:
    toekramp likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eacura69 View Post
    I'm almost positive is Hardware related. I had to have my speaker replaced several months ago at a Sprint Store because it was doing the same thing. Good Luck!
    just wanted to thank you, it was indeed a hardware issue. have my new 3d evo and everything is good to go!

Before replacing, try an app in Google play called SoundAbout.