Disatification with ICS Notifications Disable Feature?

Sharper

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
After the ICS install It's terrible that anyone can read your sms messages from the pull down with the lock screen enabled. If you uncheck in Settings/Privacy the "Message notification preview" (meaning your message with not show in the status bar too) it will not show...but neither will you get a sound, vibrate or notification light that you have received a sms. Has anyone found a work around?

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
bump. That's appalling that it's all or nothing. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to have the drop down menu accessible from from the freaking lock screen?! Is this specific to the 3D or is this a 4.0 thing?

franko515

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
No matter what I set mine to (show or not), I still get the sound notification and message on the lock screen via pull down menu. I have tried setting it in the privacy menu and messaging settings.

I have found out though that to avoid someone from just pulling down the notification on the lock screen to view your messages, just use face, pattern, pin or password unlock as an option and the notification shade can't be pulled down via the lock screen anymore.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BNF

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It makes perfect sense. I'm assuming it's made available because not having a security lock enabled means anyone can just swipe right into the phone anyway so what's the point of keeping the notification bar from being available? If you don't want people snooping through your phone then enable the security feature via Face Unlock, Pattern, PIN, or Password.