Ruu For 2.89.651.2 Hboot 1.58

chammer36

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I currently have the evo3d running the latest OTA, (Hboot 1.58 & Software 2.89) and i keep getting Identifier token access denied while trying to root using htcdev. Really not trying to downgrade the Hboot, and i dont think i can pull off the wire trick maneuver. Any pointers? Looking forward to flashing Scotts CleanRom ASAP. Thanks!

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm not sure cleanRom all work on that firmware because it's based off gingerbread but I COULD BE WRONG ON THAT. As far as identifier token are you copying and pasting? It tells you where to start copying and stop copying. Also again, I could be wrong, but I don't think the HTC dev unlock method works on this h boot. I would have to recommend getting s off. Or downgrade h boot to 1.5 and do dev unlock method. You look at the rooting roms and hacks scion you'll see a post called "will I need to unroot to get ics update?" where I say I think the wire trick is crazy and I'm not doing it. Well ics came out shortly after and i couldn't get it because i needed to update my firmware which i had to be s off to do so I did wire trick and it took all of 30 mins and I was s off. My bootloader is locked now but having s off trumps that everyday of the week. Still rooted with hboot 1.58 and locked bootloader. But it's the s off that matters. That's just my 2 cents

Last edited:

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the evo3d running the latest OTA, (Hboot 1.58 & Software 2.89) and i keep getting Identifier token access denied while trying to root using htcdev. Really not trying to downgrade the Hboot, and i dont think i can pull off the wire trick maneuver. Any pointers? Looking forward to flashing Scotts CleanRom ASAP. Thanks!

if you have the code_bin from before,assuming you were unlocked prior to the OTA you can use it

and as for CleanROM scott isnt doing roms for the 3d any more. i have taken on that task, i have a rom in the works and its being tested right now and should have a beta up soon

Last edited:

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm not sure cleanRom all work on that firmware because it's based off gingerbread but I COULD BE WRONG ON THAT. As far as identifier token are you copying and pasting? It tells you where to start copying and stop copying. Also again, I could be wrong, but I don't think the HTC dev unlock method works on this h boot. I would have to recommend getting s off. Or downgrade h boot to 1.5 and do dev unlock method. You look at the rooting roms and hacks scion you'll see a post called "will I need to unroot to get ics update?" where I say I think the wire trick is crazy and I'm not doing it. Well ics came out shortly after and i couldn't get it because i needed to update my firmware which i had to be s off to do so I did wire trick and it took all of 30 mins and I was s off. My bootloader is locked now but having s off trumps that everyday of the week. Still rooted with hboot 1.58 and locked bootloader. But it's the s off that matters. That's just my 2 cents

yep there is a CleanROM built off the 1.13 VM firmware but its no longer being supported

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
yep there is a CleanROM built off the 1.13 VM firmware but its no longer being supported

Sorry. That's why I never try to be all knowledgeable and just tell what I've learned based on my experience. I Remember cleanRom ics but I thought he meant one based on Sprint firmware. Can I ask though, as far as your Rom, have you tested to see if it has a more stable 4g signal? I remember you saying you don't live in a 4g area but are you maybe testing with someone who does? This 4g problem is irritating to me. It turns on and does work but it freezes often.

chammer36

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site

chammer36

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
, im not good on forums. first of all thanks for your response. i tried to do the wire trick but couldnt because im not rooted. so thats what i need to do. seeing how get_identifier_token says "access denied", i guess i need to figure out where to go next. bootloader downgrade? It must be rooted!

eliteaztec

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
New to this forum and new to the Evo 3d. My goal is to flash to boost mobile. I think i messed up the phone :). It does not boot at all; it stays at htc logo. I can go to hboot.

hboot 1.58
unlocked
s-on
4ext recovery

I tried RUU (2.86, 2.17, etc) but I get unknown error.
I tried flash img, goes thru, but not booting to phone
I tried copy/past PG86IMG zip into sd, hboot, reads but goes back to hboot.

Please, help.

Last edited:

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
New to this forum and new to the Evo 3d. My goal is to flash to boost mobile. I think i messed up the phone :). It does not boot at all; it stays at htc logo. I can go to hboot.

hboot 1.58
unlocked
s-on
4ext recovery

I tried RUU (2.86, 2.17, etc) but I get unknown error.
I tried flash img, goes thru, but not booting to phone
I tried copy/past PG86IMG zip into sd, hboot, reads but goes back to hboot.

Please, help.
you need to be locked to run a RUU

put the phone in fastboot mode in the bootloader open a cmd promt where your fastboot and adb are and type fastboot oem lock and reboot the bootloader and it should run the RUU

eliteaztec

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
you need to be locked to run a RUU

put the phone in fastboot mode in the bootloader open a cmd promt where your fastboot and adb are and type fastboot oem lock and reboot the bootloader and it should run the RUU

Ok. copying the PG86IMG into sd, then I'll bootload, fastboot, lock, and hboot...

... update: at relocked, PG86IMG was loading and finished, then went into:
HBOOT
checking..(PG86IMG.zip)

... then back to HBOOT

Last edited:

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok. copying the PG86IMG into sd, then I'll bootload, fastboot, lock, and hboot...

... update: at relocked, PG86IMG was loading and finished, then went into:
HBOOT
checking..(PG86IMG.zip)

... then back to HBOOT

make sure its named PG86IMG dont put the zip on the end or the bootloader will see as a .zip zip, and are sure your locked? you should have typed

fastboot oem lock

eliteaztec

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
is it worked??please confirm it.thanks:)

I did "re-lock" and named the file "PG86IMG" (no zip extension)...

It goes to "SD Checking"...
Loading ... (PG86IAG.zip)
No Image!
Loading... (PG86IAG.nbh)
No image
Loading... (PG86IMG.zip)

The blue status bar completes!

Then to "Checking... (PG86IMG.zip)
The brown status bar completes!

Then back to the hboot/fastboot screen

eliteaztec

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I did "re-lock" and named the file "PG86IMG" (no zip extension)...

It goes to "SD Checking"...
Loading ... (PG86IAG.zip)
No Image!
Loading... (PG86IAG.nbh)
No image
Loading... (PG86IMG.zip)

The blue status bar completes!

Then to "Checking... (PG86IMG.zip)
The brown status bar completes!

Then back to the hboot/fastboot screen

Got it! I used Revolutionary's flash img. Then in recovery I installed from SD the Rev's "super user" zip file. Then, with hboot relocked, I ran the RUU 2.86...

Got my phone back to where I was... ICS, hboot 1.58

Sean Popham

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Need help... Unlocked my EVO 3d with Hboot 1.58 and tried doing a restore forgot about the whole Hboot 1.5 thing and now I'm at a gray screen.. I can get into Hboot screen, but need to get the original stock back on to it. Not sure what to do next. Still new at this...

fast5.01979

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
having problems, new to the evo3d. trying to root so i can carrier flash. cant get revolutionarys method to work nor htc dev to work. htc dev says unlocked but never showes up on the phone so i can unlock it. been reading for bout a week just cant sort through it all. and help on how to root this would b great. hboot 1.58 software 2.89.. android 4.0.3. everytime i try to follow htc dev and upgrade the ruu to 2.17 or any other ruu it says im usin the wrong rom version. says 1.0.3 or 1.0.5.2011. so im kinda lost
sorry if i broke any rules by what i said. this is just aggervating

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie