Google Play Store: Package File Invalid!!!

skitzer9

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm using an evo 3D non rooted with stock ICS and every time I want to download an app it downloads completely but then when its supposed to install, a window appears saying "Package File Invalid" and just wanted to know if someone has encountered and/or have a fix for this. It happens with all the apps that I've tried to install and I was only able to install a few partially after doing a restart, but after that it still happens. Just in case, the apps that I try to install work on ics and are apps that normally don't have problems downloading. Here are some screen shots.

42576a01-02f0-9742.jpg

42576a01-030e-26a5.jpg

42576a01-03f1-ed54.jpg

Also I noticed that the Play Store looks like is not storing cache when I look in the settings, don't know if this has something to do with it.

42576a01-036a-ac3e.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from a HTC Evo 3D running Stock ICS

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
DId you by any chance do a restore from a back up of another device?
Have you powered it off, and make sure fast boot is disabled. Waited a minute or two and tried to power it back on?
Im not having any issues after the update.

skitzer9

May 26, 2010
Visit site
DId you by any chance do a restore from a back up of another device?
Have you powered it off, and make sure fast boot is disabled. Waited a minute or two and tried to power it back on?
Im not having any issues after the update.

I did turn it it off twice and took the battery out for a few seconds, but at the time it didn't work. Last thing I did was to unistall the Play Store (only the updates) and tried it again and seems to work for now. I don't know if it was a Play Store app error or a market error but at the moment it works.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
It was stuck on ginger bread version of the; play store so when you in installed the updates you got the correct drivers loaded for ics

tjdalton

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I seem to be having this exact same issue.

What version of the Play store should my stock unrooted EVO3D be running to be working correctly? Currently it's telling me that I am on 3.5.16

if this is not the correct version can someone please spell out what I need to do in order to get this working?

Thanks

skitzer9

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I seem to be having this exact same issue.

What version of the Play store should my stock unrooted EVO3D be running to be working correctly? Currently it's telling me that I am on 3.5.16

if this is not the correct version can someone please spell out what I need to do in order to get this working?

Thanks

What I did was to go into settings/apps and looked for the Play Store app under the download tab, then I unistalled the updates it had leaving it the version that comes with the stock htc sense ICS rom. If the Play Store doesn't appear in the download tab that means that you have the version that comes with the rom and it should appear in the "All" tab. After unistalling it I did a reboot and tried again. At first it didn't work so I erased the Play Stores cache and tried again a few times until it worked. Eventually the Play Store app updated back to the current version which I believe is 3.7.15 and everything seems to be working correctly. I don't know if it was a problem with the Play Store app or an error in the Play Store server that was miraculously fixed right after I did all that stuff. Hope this helps in any way.

THENICKRULZ

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, well it seems I have the issue too. Tried clearing Data etc inside the Google Play Settings in system settings. Im running Omega ROM on my SGS2. Can anyone help me without me having to reflash? >.>

Ahamed Zakky

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Just go to the access point names and see if there is an option to edit data access point settings. Then see if your connection is proxy enabled. If enabled, write down the proxy address for future referance.
Then erace the proxy address and save settings. Now go to play store and see if it works!
Worked for me?
Reference : androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/528253-package-file-invalid-error.html

Read more: Fix Android Market "Package File is Invalid" - Android Advice & Tutorials

jessjones89

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
i have a galaxy s3 and i'm having troubles downloading a couple of thigs. i've downloaded a couple of things and they worked perfectly fine but i'm trying to download facebook and candy crush and keep getting the message invalid. is someone able to help me fix this?

sonya shah

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
i have a galaxy s3 and i formate my cell after that i'm having troubles downloading things from play store and could not even install anything from play store and keep getting the message that pakage is invalid. is someone able to help me fix this?

Seth Belt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
not sure if this is the issue, but i just found on my phone that if I have a hotspot turned on (I was using foxfi), It won't let me download apps on my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance