What are you getting after the 3D and why?

Faint

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Being that most of our contracts are up in about 10 months, still a long time.. but I'm already considering the options when it does expire. What phone are you planning on getting and are you planning to leave Sprint?

I am very torn on whether I am staying with Sprint or staying. On one hand, the unlimited data is unbelievably good, on the other hand it's so slow it's hard to make a case for it (at least in my area). I mean with the speeds I get, I can't even stream radio apps like TuneIn or Pandora without it buffering every 15 seconds. This already limits me to well under 2 GB a month.. But then LTE is going to be kicking in, the question is when? Sprint has kept us relatively in the dark as to when it will be launching. That being said, I am very skeptical as to how coverage is going to be like when it does. I don't want to only have it available in the big cities and I'm stuck with .1 mbps speeds when I'm doing long distance driving.

As far as phone goes, I am almost certain I am going to jump to the dark side and get the iPhone 5 (or whatever it's going to be called). I love Android, but it just seems to always be a step behind.. maybe the grass is greener, but I have to try it myself to see. But the #1 reason I am excited to change is because the MMS group messaging absolutely stinks for the Android. I love the native SMS app, Go SMS and Handcent are just ugly in my opinion and it's really buggy, not to mention I'm always behind in the chat because it's downloading and freezing.

That's my thoughts so far, what about you guys? I'd love to see what everyone else is feeling!

SirNickselot

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
My update comes around in April 2013. I am also unsure whether or not I will be sticking with Sprint or leaving. I live in Boston where we should be seeing LTE by then. As far as what phone I'd get, there is no way to tell. My guess for now would be either whatever the current Nexus device is or wait a few more months for the inevitable release of the Samsung Galaxy S4.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I'll wait until LTE is working in my area before I decide. I would like an HTC phone with Jelly Bean and *multitasking* that works!

HTC........ARE YOU LISTENING? :p

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
My contract is up in February and its just to soon to say definitively. I want lte and Verizon is looking good. However I use a lot of data and like that unlimited data. But I was out at a pig roast in b.f.e. this past Saturday and some friends of my wife's who have Verizon were surfing the web like it was nothing while I was in 1x roaming the whole time. I gotta see the where the major carriers are at in Feb. I will say this, whatever I go, I will be buying HTC FOR SURE. Every other ui looks childish to me. Everybody's on the Samsung bandwagon at the moment but I'm staying on this side. Samsung doesn't make phones I'm interested in. And while I like how the nexus line gets updated first, I don't like how plain those phones are. Updates are the only reason to go nexus imo. So while I can't say which carrier I'll be with I know I'll be using HTC

Vladabeast

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't know. Samsung is releasing phones with the Exynos 5 chip so probably that cause the evo lte kinda let me down

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D

dkmrules

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
My contract is up in April of next year, so I'll probably be going month to month with the evo 3d until July when the Galaxy s4 comes out.

That being said, the glory of rooting and custom roms have instilled a new love for my evo. After using MIUI for a few months (it's crap) I switched over to ViperROM and it feels good having 4g, bluetooth, and 3d pics back.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Being that most of our contracts are up in about 10 months, still a long time.. but I'm already considering the options when it does expire. What phone are you planning on getting and are you planning to leave Sprint?

I am very torn on whether I am staying with Sprint or staying. On one hand, the unlimited data is unbelievably good, on the other hand it's so slow it's hard to make a case for it (at least in my area). I mean with the speeds I get, I can't even stream radio apps like TuneIn or Pandora without it buffering every 15 seconds. This already limits me to well under 2 GB a month.. But then LTE is going to be kicking in, the question is when? Sprint has kept us relatively in the dark as to when it will be launching. That being said, I am very skeptical as to how coverage is going to be like when it does. I don't want to only have it available in the big cities and I'm stuck with .1 mbps speeds when I'm doing long distance driving.

As far as phone goes, I am almost certain I am going to jump to the dark side and get the iPhone 5 (or whatever it's going to be called). I love Android, but it just seems to always be a step behind.. maybe the grass is greener, but I have to try it myself to see. But the #1 reason I am excited to change is because the MMS group messaging absolutely stinks for the Android. I love the native SMS app, Go SMS and Handcent are just ugly in my opinion and it's really buggy, not to mention I'm always behind in the chat because it's downloading and freezing.

That's my thoughts so far, what about you guys? I'd love to see what everyone else is feeling!

I'm not going to argue you down about downgrading to the iPhone (I'll let my fellow board members handle that) buggy how is the OS that innovates adding new features, extra freedom, and the most amazing phone available at the moment a step behind?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Faint

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to argue you down about downgrading to the iPhone (I'll let my fellow board members handle that) buggy how is the OS that innovates adding new features, extra freedom, and the most amazing phone available at the moment a step behind?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

No need to argue it out. I already weighed the advantages and disadvantages of both sides. Almost everything is not as important to me as MMS group messaging, and every other OS is capable of this.. BlackBerry, Windows phone and iPhone. Only Android is incapable of this without a 3rd party app. And even with the 3rd party app its laggy and you have to wait for the message to download :-( by the time you read it, few minutes has already passed.

That's a big deal to me because my friends and I are group texting everyday from morning to evening.

That, and I'm simply unable to come up with enough advantages to pick an Android over an iPhone right now. If Google updates their platform to be able to group chat then it'll have to reevaluate.

I'm not blindly going to the iPhone, I actually researched it throughly :) like I said, I love my Android, but it's just doesn't meet my needs at the moment. I still have until June 2013 until my contract expires, so it's still a long time for lots of things to change.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
update. Tmobile now has unlimited 3G and soon to be 4G data. I'm for sure getting the next GSM Nexus off contract and selling the 3D on craig.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
No need to argue it out. I already weighed the advantages and disadvantages of both sides. Almost everything is not as important to me as MMS group messaging, and every other OS is capable of this.. BlackBerry, Windows phone and iPhone. Only Android is incapable of this without a 3rd party app. And even with the 3rd party app its laggy and you have to wait for the message to download :-( by the time you read it, few minutes has already passed.

That's a big deal to me because my friends and I are group texting everyday from morning to evening.

That, and I'm simply unable to come up with enough advantages to pick an Android over an iPhone right now. If Google updates their platform to be able to group chat then it'll have to reevaluate.

I'm not blindly going to the iPhone, I actually researched it throughly :) like I said, I love my Android, but it's just doesn't meet my needs at the moment. I still have until June 2013 until my contract expires, so it's still a long time for lots of things to change.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

That's what it's all about. If a platform has something that is critical to your use case, then that's the platform you should use, end of story.

Reactions: Faint

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
update. Tmobile now has unlimited 3G and soon to be 4G data. I'm for sure getting the next GSM Nexus off contract and selling the 3D on craig.

I'll be right there with you. Except for that nexus part. Updates don't mean as much to me as HTC sense. It's stupid I know. Sense makes updates take longer to prepare and its a pain as far as ram but it's just so sexy. Nexus phones are too vanilla for my taste

Faint

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

Man, that sounds so good. As much as I love the iPhone, it's going to be hard without unlimited data when your speeds are capable of streaming youtube videos. Might have to reevaluate to a Windows phone ;)

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
My feelings are eerily similar to those of the OP. I live in an area that used to have decent WiMax coverage, but it's getting worse. Also, more and more often my 3G data is dropping to 1X. Basically data on Sprint sucks. So unless I see significant improvements in 3G as well as the installation of solid 4G LTE service, I'll be moving to Verizon in a year when the contract period is over for everyone on my plan.

As far as which phone... my wife's Samsung Galaxy S II is looking mighty good - the User Interface is a bit clunky compared to HTC's but the beautiful, huge screen and especially the battery life is calling my name. It just seems like HTC never "got it" with regards to the importance of battery life. So I'm thinking the Galaxy S3 or S4, whatever is available next year, but I'll certainly consider the others mentioned above. As a Mac user, I'd love to go with an iPhone but no way if the screen is still tiny (compared to an S3) as I suspect it will be. While my eyes are still pretty good, it seems that Apple just doesn't "get it" with respect to screen size.