Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pergerson6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question How to revert stock ICS to stock Gingerbread on EVO3D

My phone isn't rooted. It was running the stock gingerbread and updated to the ota ICS and I want to go back to gingerbread. Is there a way to do it?

Thanks!

Default Re: How to revert stock ICS to stock Gingerbread on EVO3D

I'm not totally sure this method works, but you should head over to the rooting/hacking/rom section and look at this thread:

[HOW TO] Return to 100% Stock - All versions!

You might want to consult someone who is a little more knowledgeable on flashing though.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Will it return the phone to the latest Gingerbread version?

This is one of the many reasons why i haven't updated my (brand new Evo 3d) yet. More problems than solutions with this update. I'm very happy running Gingerbread.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Rush Lindsay View Post
    This is one of the many reasons why i haven't updated my (brand new Evo 3d) yet. More problems than solutions with this update. I'm very happy running Gingerbread.
    I loved Gingerbread.

And ICS is great!!! I don't have any complaints other than choppy 3D video playback.

Don't do it. I want to go back to Gingerbread desperately. I use my phone to share funny pics I find on the web with my friends via sms/mms or facebook. After the update you can no longer long press > share. Now when I long press, I only get the option to save or set as wall paper. So now I have to download it. go into txts, attach then delete. Major pain in the ***.

Also the web pages render real slow and blink a lot. The phone gets hot and uses considerably more power. The phone seems more laggy so the power consumption is not going the processor. My quadrant scores went down an average of 700 points.

My issue with the update is two fold. One is that this ICS update was not optimized for the E3D platform. It was most likely designed for another platform and reverse engineered to work. Secondly, ICS losing the ability to share pics via long press is making me consider jumping the Android ship. This appears to be an issue on all phones running ICS. It's time for my upgrade and I'm not able to find the feature I use most. I have downloaded other browsers who also cannot do this. Boat browser could but stored a copy of the pic in a folder on the sim. If jellybean does not get this function back, I may be going over to apple.

Quote Originally Posted by dballn247 View Post
    Don't do it. I want to go back to Gingerbread desperately. I use my phone to share funny pics I find on the web with my friends via sms/mms or facebook. After the update you can no longer long press > share. Now when I long press, I only get the option to save or set as wall paper. So now I have to download it. go into txts, attach then delete. Major pain in the ***.

Also the web pages render real slow and blink a lot. The phone gets hot and uses considerably more power. The phone seems more laggy so the power consumption is not going the processor. My quadrant scores went down an average of 700 points.

My issue with the update is two fold. One is that this ICS update was not optimized for the E3D platform. It was most likely designed for another platform and reverse engineered to work. Secondly, ICS losing the ability to share pics via long press is making me consider jumping the Android ship. This appears to be an issue on all phones running ICS. It's time for my upgrade and I'm not able to find the feature I use most. I have downloaded other browsers who also cannot do this. Boat browser could but stored a copy of the pic in a folder on the sim. If jellybean does not get this function back, I may be going over to apple.
    So you'll give up the many advantages of Android over iOS, just cause of one small feature?

Wow. Just wow.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

No, that is the tipping point. The batter drainage, excessive heat, increased lag and decreased quadrant scores are the main reasons fore my desire to go back to a stable, efficient and effective OS.

I am more concerned with your willingness to live with these bugs, just to say you have the newest version (which isn't the newest version). I see no real additional benefit to upgrade from Gingerbread to ICS.

I have no bugs on my phone and I'm running 4.1.2!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by pergerson6; 10-30-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Phone/Evo 3D cdma
    Rom/ViperS r284
    Hboot/eng 1.58
    Root Method/Htc Dev unlocked/Juopunutbear s-off
    Recovery/4-EXT
    miggsr likes this.

I may be late to this convo but I'd recommend rooting and using an ICS rom I use 2 specific ones I can help you try out if not then yes there are ways to get you back to stock gingerbread but it will require some reading and patients. If you are interested let me know I can help you out
    Thanked by: