Can't Open Text Conversations

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
So I'm just going about my day as usual when I get a text from a friend. I go into the Messages app, I see the list of conversations with people that I've had but when I try to open up the conversation I've had with that person it gets stuck on a loading screen. That same loading screen that you sometimes see for maybe 1-2 seconds before your texts come up, it doesn't go away and I can't access the conversation to reply to him (or anyone else for that matter.

I've tried resetting the phone, turning it off and on, and a battery pull. I'm out of ideas. (Except resetting to factory settings but I'm trying to avoid that.)

odd

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Right after I upgraded to ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0) I had the same issue.

1) Trimmed down the size of the text messages in clean-up (limits of pictures and txts per conversation)
2) I let it sit and wait on the loading screen for probably 20 minutes, and it finally booted up.

Hope it works!

jonfran21

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I did this too and it worked.

Right after I upgraded to ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0) I had the same issue.

1) Trimmed down the size of the text messages in clean-up (limits of pictures and txts per conversation)
2) I let it sit and wait on the loading screen for probably 20 minutes, and it finally booted up.

Hope it works!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech