Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't Open Text Conversations

So I'm just going about my day as usual when I get a text from a friend. I go into the Messages app, I see the list of conversations with people that I've had but when I try to open up the conversation I've had with that person it gets stuck on a loading screen. That same loading screen that you sometimes see for maybe 1-2 seconds before your texts come up, it doesn't go away and I can't access the conversation to reply to him (or anyone else for that matter.

I've tried resetting the phone, turning it off and on, and a battery pull. I'm out of ideas. (Except resetting to factory settings but I'm trying to avoid that.)
    odd

Default Re: Can't Open Text Conversations

Right after I upgraded to ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0) I had the same issue.

1) Trimmed down the size of the text messages in clean-up (limits of pictures and txts per conversation)
    2) I let it sit and wait on the loading screen for probably 20 minutes, and it finally booted up.

Hope it works!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah I should probably make a back-up of my texts and clean out some of them.

Did you get any resolution? I'm having the same issue with texts from my wife. Thanks.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

I did this too and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by odd View Post
    Right after I upgraded to ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0) I had the same issue.

1) Trimmed down the size of the text messages in clean-up (limits of pictures and txts per conversation)
    2) I let it sit and wait on the loading screen for probably 20 minutes, and it finally booted up.

Hope it works!