don't want Sprint to see what apps I use

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Was that really worth your time. If they disconnect my service for using torrent apps I'll be leaving alright. Though not Verizon. All 4 of them suck

That's the chance you take for violating the carrier's terms of service and using a wireless carrier as an ISP. (I'm assuming you don't have a household ISP, because otherwise most people wouldn't bother downloading torrents with a phone connection.)

I agree. The "big 4" carriers all suck when it comes to their policies & contracts.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
That's the chance you take for violating the carrier's terms of service and using a wireless carrier as an ISP. (I'm assuming you don't have a household ISP, because otherwise most people wouldn't bother downloading torrents with a phone connection.)

I agree. The "big 4" carriers all suck when it comes to their policies & contracts.

No I don't have a pc but unlimited data is unlimited data. Especially when it's $200 a month for two phones. If I wanna have somebody watch my data then dude is right, I will go to VZor one of the others. And trust me it's just as fast as a pc, if not faster, to download something from the torrent app I use

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
No I don't have a pc but unlimited data is unlimited data. Especially when it's $200 a month for two phones. If I wanna have somebody watch my data then dude is right, I will go to VZor one of the others. And trust me it's just as fast as a pc, if not faster, to download something from the torrent app I use

Like I said, that's the chance you take. I'm not passing judgment one way or the other. The carrier's rules are in place. You can either live with them or find another carrier. You can try to circumvent their detection methods, but don't cry if you get caught.

Yeah, it sucks. I don't agree with their policies or pricing. We have choices, and the freedom to choose. Great thing about America. I vote with my wallet and feet. You're free to do the same.

Good luck. :)

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Like I said, that's the chance you take. I'm not passing judgment one way or the other. The carrier's rules are in place. You can either live with them or find another carrier. You can try to circumvent their detection methods, but don't cry if you get caught.

Yeah, it sucks. I don't agree with their policies or pricing. We have choices, and the freedom to choose. Great thing about America. I vote with my wallet and feet. You're free to do the same.

Good luck. :)

Well said

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I for one am looking forward to you going to Verizon. Using your unlimited data for torrenting kills the bandwidth for us normal users.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
"I for one" couldn't care less what you can't wait for. Do you pay my bill? THEN WORRY ABOUT WHAT YOU DO WITH YOUR PHONE AND STAY OUT OF MINES. just for you I'm gonna download a movie right now. And then another. And then another. Next time share your smartass opinion wih someone who cares what you feel, think or can't wait for

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
"I for one" couldn't care less what you can't wait for. Do you pay my bill? THEN WORRY ABOUT WHAT YOU DO WITH YOUR PHONE AND STAY OUT OF MINES.
This coming from the guy who made a topic on a public forum with 100,000's of members saying exactly what he does with his phone?

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
"I for one" couldn't care less what you can't wait for. Do you pay my bill? THEN WORRY ABOUT WHAT YOU DO WITH YOUR PHONE AND STAY OUT OF MINES. just for you I'm gonna download a movie right now. And then another. And then another. Next time share your smartass opinion wih someone who cares what you feel, think or can't wait for

Well said! I get comments on here all the time when the topic of data usage comes up because I use over 100GB a month, like what's wrong with that? It's not directly hurting any other users because I can still run a speed test and get 40mb/s up and 15 down on Verizon's 4G LTE so apparently I'm not choking the network that much. I'm entitled to my unlimited data and I plan on using every KB that I need / want to use!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I for one am looking forward to you going to Verizon. Using your unlimited data for torrenting kills the bandwidth for us normal users.

Given how Sprint is among the very few US carriers that still offer unlimited data, I get your point (though personally I don't care if this person moves to a different carrier or not - yet. IMO, Sprint should be more vigilant about folks who use 'excessive' - it can't be brain surgery for them to figure out that an average user won't use 100GB a month, every month, just on their one phone. That is between Sprint and this customer). Some more users who use their mobile phone as their primary ISP, and pretty soon, Sprint may stop offering unlimited data (or charge extra for that).

Count me among the folks who
cares what you feel, think or can't wait for
at least in this case ;)

Last edited:

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Actually what you do with your phone can have a direct impact on my device and others on the SAME network.
With you downloading movies its data hogs like you who force carriers to either charge more, put caps, OR kick you off.
It affects me because while your torrenting your movies i have less bandwidth for my legitimate phone usage.. I dont think i have ever gone over 5 gigs but thats just me.. I also pay for home internet. So if i need to download large amounts of data im not abusing my wireless plan. The majority of phone users follow the rules and dont take advantage of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well said! I get comments on here all the time when the topic of data usage comes up because I use over 100GB a month, like what's wrong with that? It's not directly hurting any other users because I can still run a speed test and get 40mb/s up and 15 down on Verizon's 4G LTE so apparently I'm not choking the network that much. I'm entitled to my unlimited data and I plan on using every KB that I need / want to use!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Since your on Verizon my comments dont apply to you.
Since your on a LTE network with a different carrier who can support 40MB down and 15 up my comments dont apply to you.

If you dont like the comments about you being a data hog try two things.
1. dont post on a public forum that you use over 100 gb a month.
2. Dont be a data hog. LOL

Im happy your on Verizon, because im on Sprint.
Im happy for my 80 dollar bill and all i can use. Sure i dont take advantage of it and use 2-5gb a month..

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't care if it affects you. I bought my phone to use how I see fit and my bill every month. If Sprint has a problem they can act accordingly and I'll get service elsewhere. I'll pay for data if they want to charge. Hell I already pay $200 a month. It's my prerogative. Sprint is using me for my $. I'll use them for data. I asked about apps. All this crying about me downloading a movie in Cleveland affecting you in Kansas is not worth my time. I work for mines and pay my own bill. Worry about you, I'll worry about me. Not being disrespectful, just saying mind your business I'll mind mines. If my data usage is affecting you, talk to Sprint not me. I'll pay for data with VZ. If Sprint won't take my $, TRUST ME, some company will

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Can Sprint really see what apps that you are using to connect to the Internet? I thought they just monitored data usage?

Sent From My Sprint HTC EVO3D Using Tapatalk ---

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't care if it affects you. I bought my phone to use how I see fit and my bill every month. If Sprint has a problem they can act accordingly and I'll get service elsewhere. I'll pay for data if they want to charge. Hell I already pay $200 a month. It's my prerogative. Sprint is using me for my $. I'll use them for data. I asked about apps. All this crying about me downloading a movie in Cleveland affecting you in Kansas is not worth my time. I work for mines and pay my own bill. Worry about you, I'll worry about me. Not being disrespectful, just saying mind your business I'll mind mines. If my data usage is affecting you, talk to Sprint not me. I'll pay for data with VZ. If Sprint won't take my $, TRUST ME, some company will

Do you realize how ignorant you are? You say like "you worry about you, and I'll worry about me", and "mind your own business. Well a) can't really complain about people not minding their own business if you outright say in public you're using your phone for illegal torrents. Plus if it affects others, which someone said it did then it is their business so your arguments are pretty much invalid.

So how about you get off your high horse and try thinking about others for once?

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I'm ignorant at all. I told you to worry about your business because I asked in a public place (thanks for reminding me captain obvious) about Sprint not seeing my apps and you come in telling me you can't wait for me to leave Sprint. Who asked you what you can't wait for? If you're not gonna help the thread, what's the point? Hence me telling you to mind your business. Maybe you understand this: Keep your unsolicited, irrelevant opinions to yourself. I'm not thinking of myself, my wife has a Sprint smartphone and I don't slow her down. I'm not making your bill higher, so again irrelevant. This thread was done. Nobody commented on it in like a week, you just made a nasty comment for no reason. I'm not on a high horse, I just don't like you.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna be honest dude, I'm not even reading your posts anymore. Clearly your head isn't attached properly so I'm not gonna bother arguing with you anymore. >_>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech