Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Update "Personalize"

Hi, new update has shown up on my Evo 3D, anyone know anything about it? What does it update, does it address any of the woes of the ICS update? (my 3D is almost useless since the update, freezes, battery life sucks, brickish phone)

Thanks for any info you can share.

Radiohawk

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

I too would like to know before I update. Not like I have a choice of course.

Global Posts
    981 Global Posts

installed it but I did not notice any difference yet very weird...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Skywalker to Obi-wan: I think he's searching for his former master, but I've never seen such devotion in ANDROID before...

Default Re: Update "Personalize"

I got the notice too, but haven't updated. Seems almost like it could be a hack by being so vague. I'll wait.

Dont do it, I did it last night and it completely f'd up my SwiftKey 3 keyboard. Buttons would hang open highlighted and lock whatever app you were typing in for 30-60 seconds; 1/2 the numbers on on Swiftkey X stopped working too.
    I uninstalled the update tonight and all is fine again.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by wes6440 View Post
    Dont do it, I did it last night and it completely f'd up my SwiftKey 3 keyboard. Buttons would hang open highlighted and lock whatever app you were typing in for 30-60 seconds; 1/2 the numbers on on Swiftkey X stopped working too.
    I uninstalled the update tonight and all is fine again.
    Did this update and it seems to be chewing through battery life (may be coincidence not sure, but still). How do I uninstall it?

Go to the official website. They'll have details of anything officially released
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy27403 View Post
    Did this update and it seems to be chewing through battery life (may be coincidence not sure, but still). How do I uninstall it?
    Go to main settings menu then choose apps then choose All on the far right, scroll down to personalize and choose uninstall update. After the update finishes, choose clear data and you'll be back to pre-update state but you will have to redo any desktop customization you've previously done (wall paper, app shortcuts, widgets etc.
    Thanked by:

Thanks worked great but got a new problem. Factory reset my phone over the weekend, and now the update wants to install again. I select later but it keeps popping up again every few hours. Is there a way to get rid of the update notice or do I have to update and then uninstall again to make it go away? It's kinda annoying.