Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Evo 3D Exclamation Point Error on ICS Update?

Hi,

I had a HTC Evo 3D through sprint. I canceled my sprint about a month ago and went to verizon and got a samsung galaxy s3. I still have my Evo and i use it at work cause the WiFi is a lot better than my galaxy s3. I and i wanted to know if i could update it to Ice Cream Sandwich without having service anymore? I downloaded the update via wifi and i hit install and the phone restarted and starting installing the update and about 25% i got a triangle error with a exclamation point in it and i had to pull the battery and restart the phone?
    BTW i never rooted my Evo it has been completely stock the whole time i had it.

Thanks!

ROM
    Stock 2.3

Default Re: HTC Evo 3D Exclamation Point Error on ICS Update?

Yes you will still be able to update. I did it with an OG Evo and use it for games and videos. hard reset then try downloading again. After all the updates are applied do another hard reset and you should be fine and dandy
    "The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it." -Niccolo Machiavelli
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: HTC Evo 3D Exclamation Point Error on ICS Update?

Ok so i did 2 factory resets and downloaded the update twice and both times i still got that same error with the triangle and exclamation point?