pop up to update phone, not htc

michael24j

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
ok, got a popup that looked like a system update, but usually i read about update on this site and have to manually do them. do without questioning i said ok (had options of wifi only or over data or whatever), then it asked to confirm data may be charged i said ok, then download started, in the title of the window, it said this app (no name) is being installed. so naturally i am freaking out, quickly put the device on airplane mode and searched through app drawers. nothing. so to be on the safe side i am wiping sd card and phone to factory. did i overreact? has anyone else seen this. like i said, i usually know about standard updates on this website, and was surprised to see this software update thing....i still think malware, but i dont know the source, .... anyways, just a heads up, check android central first before installing a software update like i did.... hopefully i overreacted, but lots of info on that device....
now that i think about it, it said software update, not system update. but didnt give a version number or htc name or sprint or specific, i was too excited that i said ok.....