1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Please help me decide

I have a EVO 3D but am sick of the HTC quality... So I'm trying to decide between the GS3 or jumping ship to the iPhone 5. I'm disappointed in the iPad, feel like I will feel locked down with the iPhone but I'm ready for a change... Any current or former EVO 3D users have some thoughts? Part of me feels like usability wise I won't be upgrading much from going to the GS3 anyway?

Default Re: Please help me decide

If you want a simple phone that you can take out of the box and know how to do everything go iPhone. If you want to keep your customization, have a bigger screen, etc. go with the S3.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

good point... just feel like I want an in-between lol

haha Well I'd go with the S3. For the reasons I mentioned and many more, plus don't let people tell you iOS is way easier to use because the learning curve of Android is mild and with a little time you'll figure it out and will be customizing your phone to work exactly how you want it to.
    Thanked by:

Even though I'm six months out from an upgrade I too have been wrestling with this. Please elaborate on those pros and cons. For my own reasons I *think* I'll stay Android but must admit I question it sometimes. These simple (Apple) vs complex (Android) dichotomies get thrown around a lot but I'm not sure what they really mean. Just to be devil's advocate, what is it about the iPhone battery life, LTE speed or camera that you don't like?

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

I'm gonna wait for the new Nexus. Might want to consider that

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy27403 View Post
    Even though I'm six months out from an upgrade I too have been wrestling with this. Please elaborate on those pros and cons. For my own reasons I *think* I'll stay Android but must admit I question it sometimes. These simple (Apple) vs complex (Android) dichotomies get thrown around a lot but I'm not sure what they really mean. Just to be devil's advocate, what is it about the iPhone battery life, LTE speed or camera that you don't like?
    I don't mind them, the battery life is either as good or slightly better/worse than the S3's based on what I've heard, LTE should be the same too as it's the same technology that Android has been using and the camera I've heard isn't quite as good as the S3's but others will say otherwise but from what I can tell it's still good.

The main difference is the S3 has way more features and the openness of an Android phone while the i5 is about 2 years behind in terms of features but has the user- friendliness of an iPhone. Though like i said the learning curve of Android isn't that steep.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    iEd

Global Posts
    1,888 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allofthepeople View Post
    I have a EVO 3D but am sick of the HTC quality... So I'm trying to decide between the GS3 or jumping ship to the iPhone 5. I'm disappointed in the iPad, feel like I will feel locked down with the iPhone but I'm ready for a change... Any current or former EVO 3D users have some thoughts? Part of me feels like usability wise I won't be upgrading much from going to the GS3 anyway?
    I came from a EVO 3D and went back to iPhone. I'm not a fan of HTC anymore. After seeing a few GS3's that some friends have I think that's the way to go if you want to stay Android. If you feel locked down on the iPad you may feel the same on iPhone until a Jailbreak comes along for iPhone 5 and iOS 6. I think it all depends on what will work for you. I've always been a Mac person and iPhone just fits into what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy27403 View Post
    If you are three months out from an upgrade, then wait it out. By the time you upgrade, the phones you are looking at now will be old news.

I am in the same boat as you, and personally, I am waiting for the new quad core lineup to come out. Whichever has the best battery life and a quad core will likely be the winner for me.

I had a Galaxy S3 for 3 hours and returned it the same damn day. The reception was no where near my Evo 3D. Places I would get great signal or have 4-5 bars with my evo, I was lucky if I got 2 bars with the S3. The antenna in the S3 must not be strong at all and in my opinion, reception or signal is the #1 thing u need on a smartphone. No data or signal and all u got is a fancy mobile Clock!!!!! Keep the Evo until a really solid phone comes out that performs great all around. That's what I'm doing but it HAS to be ANDROID! !

Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    I had a Galaxy S3 for 3 hours and returned it the same damn day. The reception was no where near my Evo 3D. Places I would get great signal or have 4-5 bars with my evo, I was lucky if I got 2 bars with the S3. The antenna in the S3 must not be strong at all and in my opinion, reception or signal is the #1 thing u need on a smartphone. No data or signal and all u got is a fancy mobile Clock!!!!! Keep the Evo until a really solid phone comes out that performs great all around. That's what I'm doing but it HAS to be ANDROID! !
    Sounds like you had a defective unit.

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Sounds like you had a defective unit.
    Sounds to me like he had a typical Samsung phone!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post

Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post

Yep!

Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.
    I watched YouTube video yesterday where the guy had the T-Mobile s3 upright and had Edge service and then he turned it to the side and got 4G. Something has got to be wrong with that internal antenna or the placement of it is bad. I highly doubt the unit I had was defective. There are a lot of ppl that have had the same issue and returned it.

I watched YouTube video yesterday where the guy had the T-Mobile s3 upright and had Edge service and then he turned it to the side and got 4G. Something has got to be wrong with that internal antenna or the placement of it is bad. I highly doubt the unit I had was defective. There are a lot of ppl that have had the same issue and returned it.
    There are also a lot of people who didn't have that problem so it's kinda up in the air.

There are also a lot of people who didn't have that problem so it's kinda up in the air.

True

True
    In the end the choice is yours.