Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

Default Re: Can't hear phone calls unless it's through rear speaker or headphones

Quote Originally Posted by woodslink View Post
    I had the same issue. Try an app named SoundAbout.
    Saved my sisters lg-g3, factory reset didn't work, but this app did, THANKS for the tip!

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Default Re: Can't hear phone calls unless it's through rear speaker or headphones

Quote Originally Posted by dryhurstroberts View Post
    tl;dr: Turn OFF voice clarity if it is on and you are experiencing poor sound quality from front LG Tribute 2 speaker.

The speaker on my LG Tribute 2 that is designed for putting against your ear when making phone calls suddenly went very muffled and quiet. I was worried it was 1 of 2 possible things, that I am aware of. I had recently rooted my phone and I thought it was perhaps some misconfiguration in a file that made the speaker stop functioning correctly. Second, I had recently dropped my phone. There was no visible damage but I thought a connection had come loose. Then I remembered that I had goofed around with some of the phone settings. I am often outside when on the phone and turned ON the "Voice Clarity" option. Once I disabled that the sound returned to normal.

tl;dr: Turn OFF voice clarity if it is on and you are experiencing poor sound quality from front LG Tribute 2 speaker.

I hope that helps some one.
    Thanks so much for reminding me about this. I forgot I was playing around with the settings after putting this new rom on here. Thought my earpiece was going out.

I had the same isssue . soundabout worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by Sagn C View Post
    I was getting the same problem then I tapped on the hole where we use headphones for 5-6 times before downloading soundabout.It worked for me
    Thank you!!!! After a month of troubleshooting this fixed the problem!
    😀👍👍👍
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12