Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problems with music storage, playlists, and sound profiles

Hey guys! I'm new here, but I've actually had this issue with my phone for several months now. I've searched and searched and searched the web and various forums and no one seems to have the same problem as I do, nor do the few solutions that I find work. I didn't notice any of these issues until the last update to Ice Cream Sandwich, so it's probably that, although I dropped my phone in a toilet about a year ago... and had a few problems but they all slowly went away until it was working perfectly again. Really no idea what's causing this. Here's what's going on:

Initially the biggest thing I noticed wrong was that my music player (the built-in one, not Google music player but the widget the phone comes with) will not find all of my music anymore. It doesn't matter where I put it, whether it's in a folder or just a lone .mp3 file in the Music folder, it will ALWAYS find certain music, and NEVER find other music. It's not a music quality thing. I've checked that, after seeing suggestions on other forums. Some song I download through the phone will always be on the phone's storage, but something I transferred from my computer has a 50/50 chance of actually showing up. So I switched to MyTunes Player, and the music issue is ---almost--- nonexistent with this app, but again, sometimes I will have created a playlist with MyTunes and then I'll play it and all of a sudden the playlist stops after a song, and the phone acts like there was never a playlist to begin with, and I might see it in a few weeks when it decides to load, or I'll never see it again. Srsly frustrating.

The second issue that I find a little comical, a little frustrating, and a little insane is that my phone is SO FREAKING BIPOLAR when it comes to tones!!! Wtf? I've set up 3 or so people with special ring tones, and the rest have my main ring tone. Freaking phone will sometimes ring with a "real" sounding telephone ring (which I have never assigned to the phone myself), sometimes it will ring with the assigned specific tone, and sometimes it will ring with the generic one I assigned, every one at inappropriate times, according to what I set up. Same thing with text tones. I kept trying to adjust it in the beginning but after the 6th or so time I quit doing it.

So guys, these aren't huge problems. I'm still using the phone part of the phone successfully and it's not a drastic situation. It's just that the happy bubbly "I'm-in-love-with-HTC" feeling is slowly giving way to resentment that I cannot, for the life of me, make this phone act like it's supposed to.

Default Re: Problems with music storage, playlists, and sound profiles

I have same prob..plz help me