All lost. Where I am. Where I want to be.

KEVIN88GT

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Have a 1.5 year old evo 3d on which I did the latest OTA ICS update. Been having issues (possibly digitizer?) with phone locking up and not responding to touch commands. So i decided to finally get into "ROOTING"

Did some reading and decided to do the HTC DEV unlock method. Performed successfully. The video tutorial that I followed included the following recovery. TeamWin Recovery Project (twrp) v1.1.1. I then installed. MeanRom 2.6. While it looks cool the Wifi/4g does not work (I do not blame the developer by any means... I might have done something wrong here).

Where I am:

UNLOCKED
SHOOTER XC SHIP S-ON RL
hboot 1.58
MeanRom v2.6
Wifi and 4G not working.

Where I'd like to be:

Would like to have an ICS ROM with good battery mods and wifi tethering. Bloatfree (None of that Nascar or Blockbuster app stuff) [I dont know if it's possible to use someone's ROM but not use some of their programs].

From what I see I'm limited with having S-on. As there arent many ICS ROMS out for that ::shrug::?

I'm pretty much a NOOB to rooting and have been following tutorials. I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the info and decided to post. Thank you all in advance.

KEVIN88GT

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Wow took 2 nights but finally was able to follow all of those steps and finally complete the wire trick.

Now i'm on S-Off.

Which ROM would fit me best based on my original pos ( ICS ROM with good battery mods and wifi tethering. Bloatfree (None of that Nascar or Blockbuster app stuff)
Thanks in advance.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Wow took 2 nights but finally was able to follow all of those steps and finally complete the wire trick.

Now i'm on S-Off.

Which ROM would fit me best based on my original pos ( ICS ROM with good battery mods and wifi tethering. Bloatfree (None of that Nascar or Blockbuster app stuff)
Thanks in advance.

Gruesomewolf's Nocturnal i36 and dastin1015's cm10 gangnam are my favorites at the moment. Just make sure you are using the correct hboot for the rom you install.

6e2adu3y.jpg

Sent from my PG8600 using Tapatalk 2

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Now i'm on S-Off.

Thanks in advance.
My Rom of coasre...lol

anon(285475)

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
no that's just Leedroid tweaks showing which status bar items are available to hide & reorder in the quick launch. No 4g option. So also I can't take a screenshot with the notifications/quick launch menu pulled down. With cleanrom I lost the ability to press power+home to take a quick screen shot, so the only way I'm able to is by holding down power and then selecting screenshot from the power options. Whenever I do that though, it clears out the notification bar. How are you able to do it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463