4G cycling

monty22001

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having this issue where it 4G status goes from on-connecting to sprint-obtaining ip address- turn off. Then it cycles that over and over.

I've seen it crop up before, but wondering if anyone has had a solution or do I really have to go to the sprint store to fight them.

monty22001

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I called them and they had no clue. Ended up doing a factory reset and it worked, something I installed bugged it up I guess. Hopefully nothing now that I'm reinstalling will do it again.

I suppose I've had this thing for awhile and it doesn't hurt to do that factory reset, but it is a pain when you use a phone as an authenticator. Something right before last weekend messed it up. It was either some of the gmail or FB updates or maybe when I installed VYPRVPN's app.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I actually had this happen to me while near a 4G tower that Sprint was "testing". It doesn't go live until 2013. I thought it was peculiar too. I just turned off 4G and all was well. I have never done a factory reset. I am glad you were able to get back to a working phone though.

monty22001

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
So it started happening again. I took it to the sprint store and was charged $35 for a refurb that'll come in a few days.

I called them after and they said 'software glitches can happen to a particular phone, not all of them' so replacing it is best. I suspect with my app combo I may see this problem again in a week or after replacement same as the factory reset.

monty22001

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, big surprise the replacement started disconnecting this week. Thankfully it was within the 30 days. I'm going to try one more and they said if it doesn't work to either call sprint directly and complain or throw in the towel and go for another model. It sucks cause I really like the 3d. And since this drains the battery so bad it makes it hard to wait out. If I have to replace the stupid thing I want an S4 or something brand new when they come out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc