[SOLVED]Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

I'm uploading my old rom from my evo 3d to my dropbox. As soon as it uploads, I'll post the link and you can try and flash that one. I've never had any problems with it. Gimme a few. Hey Benny, Why does this guy even get a boot loop when he is flashing the old rom that worked b4? That part is driving me nuts
The thing with the new 2.89 OTA is the 1.58 hboot,and kernel. you need both for a successful boot. you cant use one without the other. So if his backup was made before 2.89 it wont boot with 1.58 hboot

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

i re installed MeanROM and it got to the lockscreen and it started bootlooping again. even after doing the smartflash

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I seen some post back you said you relocked the bootloader to RUU back to stock, Is it still locked?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Go here...Shipped ROMs
Half down look for this RUU RUU_Shooter_ICS_35_S_Sprint_WWE_2.89.651.2_Radio_1.09.00.0706__NV_NV_SPCS_1.43_release_271101_signed.exe
Relock your bootloader and run this it will take you back to factory stock settins. you can then start over when you are ready and have time

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

The link i just posted is the RUU you need to get back to stock.

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

most of it's red. just get your phone working and then you can change stuff later lol. either way you getthe phone working is good. Follow Benny's way or the video, or that rom. Whatever works

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

The bootloader needs to be locked for The PG86IMG or the RUU,exe to work

In fastboot mode and in the cmd prompt type

fastboot oem lock

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

yeah, i was jsut about to do a EDIT to my UPDATE post saying that i needed to re-lock it. its saying "main version is older! update fail! press <power> to reboot"
The bootloader needs to be locked for The PG86IMG or the RUU,exe to work

In fastboot mode and in the cmd prompt type

fastboot oem lock

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

lame. ill just deal with it i guess. video didn't work just kept getting a error. how long does it normally install?
most of it's red. just get your phone working and then you can change stuff later lol. either way you getthe phone working is good. Follow Benny's way or the video, or that rom. Whatever works