Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 76
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default [SOLVED]Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    Im S ON with HBOOT-1.58 with 4ext recovery. Im not sure what im doing wrong but i need to get this working fast. what i normally do is i do a full wipe of everything but my sd card, flash, reboot and it would get stuck or bootloop. is there anything i need to do that i any be missing? Im new at the htc side of flashing things since most of the android devices ive done have been samsung. and i have also looked around on xda and this site and i havent found anything that works
    Last edited by gotta have it android; 02-21-2013 at 10:26 PM.

    Liked what I did or helped you out? A simple "thanks" would be great!
    If you want me to reply to you in a quick fashion hit the "reply with quote" or send me a message so it can be done
    Samsung Intercept(retired), HTC Hero(retired), Motorola Atrix 2(game phone"let's see what new ROM I can put on this today"), Samsung Galaxy S3(main phone), Asus Nexus 7(better than my parents iPad)
  2. #2  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,538 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    What rom ? You should ask the dev of the rom what kernel he used and if it is compatible with hboot 1.58 look its a little insight on hboot versions
    So would say its a rom that needs a different hboot

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Couture View Post
    Im S ON with HBOOT-1.58 with 4ext recovery. Im not sure what im doing wrong but i need to get this working fast. what i normally do is i do a full wipe of everything but my sd card, flash, reboot and it would get stuck or bootloop. is there anything i need to do that i any be missing? Im new at the htc side of flashing things since most of the android devices ive done have been samsung. and i have also looked around on xda and this site and i havent found anything that works



  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    i was running SOS M ROM first but it started giving me problems so i decied to go back to the latest stock and now i'm getting the bootloop problem. i found a thread on xda on how to re lock and go back to stock but it keeps failing ()
    Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    What rom ? You should ask the dev of the rom what kernel he used and if it is compatible with hboot 1.58 look its a little insight on hboot versions
    So would say its a rom that needs a different hboot
    Last edited by gotta have it android; 02-21-2013 at 10:27 PM.

    Liked what I did or helped you out? A simple "thanks" would be great!
    If you want me to reply to you in a quick fashion hit the "reply with quote" or send me a message so it can be done
    Samsung Intercept(retired), HTC Hero(retired), Motorola Atrix 2(game phone"let's see what new ROM I can put on this today"), Samsung Galaxy S3(main phone), Asus Nexus 7(better than my parents iPad)
  4. #4  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,538 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    I assume with hboot 1.58 that your on the 2.89 FW. without s-off you can not RUU back to a older version. I would flash a stock rooted rom found here.. . you will stock but with root

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Couture View Post
    i was running SOS M ROM first but it started giving me problems so i decied to go back to the latest stock and now i'm getting the bootloop problem. i found a thread on xda on how to re lock and go back to stock but it keeps failing ()



  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    I'm not sure what the FW is. But ill try your link as well. I think i might have to put a new recovery on since when i select recovery it doesnt go to 4ext anymore.
    EDIT: forget about the recovery part. turns out it still does. my bad
    Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    I assume with hboot 1.58 that your on the 2.89 FW. without s-off you can not RUU back to a older version. I would flash a stock rooted rom found here.. . you will stock but with root
    Last edited by gotta have it android; 02-21-2013 at 10:27 PM.

    Liked what I did or helped you out? A simple "thanks" would be great!
    If you want me to reply to you in a quick fashion hit the "reply with quote" or send me a message so it can be done
    Samsung Intercept(retired), HTC Hero(retired), Motorola Atrix 2(game phone"let's see what new ROM I can put on this today"), Samsung Galaxy S3(main phone), Asus Nexus 7(better than my parents iPad)
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    Hit settings and then "about phone" and find out what the FW is. The ICS roms don't work with S-on so I'm almost positive you're trying to flash one and that's why you're getting boot looped. If I'm not mistaken you can only flash gingerbread roms on the Evo 3D with S-on. Google jounoponu bear wire trick to get S-off and then you can flash ICS roms. Flash image GUI app was helpful too to flash the kernels b4 you flash roms to make sure they'll work right. Go to for any questions and they should lead u in the right direction. They have videos and all. Good luck

    My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    nice sig by the way markaroni. my oonly problem is i cant boot into a os right now. i was running a ICS based rom before.
    Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    Hit settings and then "about phone" and find out what the FW is. The ICS roms don't work with S-on so I'm almost positive you're trying to flash one and that's why you're getting boot looped. If I'm not mistaken you can only flash gingerbread roms on the Evo 3D with S-on. Google jounoponu bear wire trick to get S-off and then you can flash ICS roms. Flash image GUI app was helpful too to flash the kernels b4 you flash roms to make sure they'll work right. Go to for any questions and they should lead u in the right direction. They have videos and all. Good luck

    My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    Benny i've done what you said but i still got stuck on the htc splash screen
    Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    I assume with hboot 1.58 that your on the 2.89 FW. without s-off you can not RUU back to a older version. I would flash a stock rooted rom found here.. . you will stock but with root
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    Thanks. You didn't make a backup of all your files b4 you flashed the rom? OUCH!!! yeah if you can't get into an OS then you can't see the FW. Maybe the rom you're trying to flash is not compatible with your FW or hboot or with S-on. If you still have the zip file for your rom that was working, flash that one again and you should at least have a working phone and then can look for help after. Next time you want to flash a new rom, make sure it's compatible with your FW and hboot and S-on if you cannot achieve S-off b4 you flash. This happened to me b4 and that's how i found out i couldn't use ICS roms with S-on. Check that evo hacks site out though, they were very helpful when I was rocking my Evo 3D. Good Luck
  10. #10  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,538 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    Hit settings and then "about phone" and find out what the FW is. The ICS roms don't work with S-on so I'm almost positive you're trying to flash one and that's why you're getting boot looped. If I'm not mistaken you can only flash gingerbread roms on the Evo 3D with S-on. Google jounoponu bear wire trick to get S-off and then you can flash ICS roms. Flash image GUI app was helpful too to flash the kernels b4 you flash roms to make sure they'll work right. Go to for any questions and they should lead u in the right direction. They have videos and all. Good luck

    My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
    Sure you can flash ICS roms with s-on, you need to flash the boot img with fastboot or a third party app such as FlashImage UI. also 4EXT recovery has a feature called smart flash which will flash the boot img for you



  11. #11  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,538 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Couture View Post
    Benny i've done what you said but i still got stuck on the htc splash screen
    Kyle do you have smart flash enabled in recovery? look through the menu and find the option to enable it and then reflash the stock rooted rom



  12. #12  

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    Sure you can flash ICS roms with s-on, you need to flash the boot img with fastboot or a third party app such as FlashImage UI. also 4EXT recovery has a feature called smart flash which will flash the boot img for you
    If you read my post you'll see I mentioned Flash image gui. I tried it several times and it never worked with my phone. I was on hboot 1.5 with S-on and always ran into boot loops with ICS roms. I just quit trying and stuck with a cool gingerbread rom. I looked around and the only thing I saw to achieve success was that wire trick to get S-off for it to work. Maybe there's a way like you said but at the time I was trying, it never worked. Boot loop every time, even with flash image gui
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    i did make a back up before i tried flashing a new one and i also tried flashing the rom i had before but went into a bootloop
    Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    Thanks. You didn't make a backup of all your files b4 you flashed the rom? OUCH!!! yeah if you can't get into an OS then you can't see the FW. Maybe the rom you're trying to flash is not compatible with your FW or hboot or with S-on. If you still have the zip file for your rom that was working, flash that one again and you should at least have a working phone and then can look for help after. Next time you want to flash a new rom, make sure it's compatible with your FW and hboot and S-on if you cannot achieve S-off b4 you flash. This happened to me b4 and that's how i found out i couldn't use ICS roms with S-on. Check that evo hacks site out though, they were very helpful when I was rocking my Evo 3D. Good Luck
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    did you wipe the cache also when you did the data wipe b4 the flash? I can't think of anything else.....SHEESH! Somebody help this guy man!!
  15. #15  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,538 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    this is what i would do, reboot to bootloader and get into fastboot mode (fastboot usb) and the cmd promt type theses cmd's
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot erase boot
    fastboot boot "the name of your recovery.img"
    I always rename mine to "recovery" because its easy to remember and make sure its the same folder with your fastboot on your pc



  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    i did. i did a wipe and a super wipe. still nothing. im going to call sprint to see if it will cost me extra $$$ to transfer my samsung intercept back to my line so i can at least have a working phone during the work week (blah! )
    Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    did you wipe the cache also when you did the data wipe b4 the flash? I can't think of anything else.....SHEESH! Somebody help this guy man!!
  17. #17  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,538 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    restoring your backup doesnt work either?
    no it doesnt cost anything



  18. #18  

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    I'm uploading my old rom from my evo 3d to my dropbox. As soon as it uploads, I'll post the link and you can try and flash that one. I've never had any problems with it. Gimme a few. Hey Benny, Why does this guy even get a boot loop when he is flashing the old rom that worked b4? That part is driving me nuts
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    i can try and restore the back up again but it didnt work the last time i tried it
    Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    restoring your backup doesnt work either?
    no it doesnt cost anything
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    its driving me nuts to lol. and thanks a ton makaroni. if it works i think ill shat my self in joy on having a working for again
    Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    I'm uploading my old rom from my evo 3d to my dropbox. As soon as it uploads, I'll post the link and you can try and flash that one. I've never had any problems with it. Gimme a few. Hey Benny, Why does this guy even get a boot loop when he is flashing the old rom that worked b4? That part is driving me nuts
  21. #21  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,538 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    I'm uploading my old rom from my evo 3d to my dropbox. As soon as it uploads, I'll post the link and you can try and flash that one. I've never had any problems with it. Gimme a few. Hey Benny, Why does this guy even get a boot loop when he is flashing the old rom that worked b4? That part is driving me nuts
    The thing with the new 2.89 OTA is the 1.58 hboot,and kernel. you need both for a successful boot. you cant use one without the other. So if his backup was made before 2.89 it wont boot with 1.58 hboot



  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    i rooted after the ota
    Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    The thing with the new 2.89 OTA is the 1.58 hboot,and kernel. you need both for a successful boot. you cant use one without the other. So if his backup was made before 2.89 it wont boot with 1.58 hboot
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    i re installed MeanROM and it got to the lockscreen and it started bootlooping again. even after doing the smartflash
  24. #24  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,538 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    I seen some post back you said you relocked the bootloader to RUU back to stock, Is it still locked?



  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

    Default Re: Phone gets stuck on the HTC bootscreen or bootloops

    not anymore. i un-locked again using the htc dev
    Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    I seen some post back you said you relocked the bootloader to RUU back to stock, Is it still locked?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Phone Restarts Itself, Then Gets Stuck On HTC Screen
    By theescapist99 in forum HTC Wildfire S
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-13-2013, 12:57 PM
  2. Tried rooting now my phone is stuck on the Google screen Help!
    By craigrn16 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-25-2012, 05:14 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-15-2011, 03:41 PM
  4. Microsoft gets $5 on every HTC Android phone
    By patfactorx in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 08:27 AM
  5. Which Phone is better the HTC Legend or Desire?
    By Carol00Clark in forum HTC Legend
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

B