• 1 Post By phstratton
  • 1 Post By Brian706
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default EVO 3D Denies calls on its own

A customer brought in her EVO 3D that when someone calls it, it will show up on the screen and say missed call without giving you the chance to answer, but I can call out fine. I've done a soft reset, updated the profile, then completely reprogrammed it using ##72786#, and the MSL. It still has the same issue. Next stop is a hard reset, unless someone knows of an easy solution. Thanks guys!
    jj14x likes this.

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Default Re: EVO 3D Denies calls on its own

A customer brought in a phone for service and you are asking how to fix it on a public forum? Can I have your business's information so that I'm sure to never shop there?
    Thanked by:
    LTrane 
    makaroni likes this.

Tell her to back all her info up and you replace her phone! There's your answer. Hit that "thank" button please & thanks.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

I agree back up the apps and data and run a RUU and if that doesn't work its a hardware problem

I got rid of my 3d because of issues like this. I had it replaced 5-6 different times. Still have my broken 3d that sprint screwed me on. They ordered a replacement and because I waited longer than 14 days to pick up they sent it back and wouldn't order another. So I said bye bye sprint repair center, hello best buy geek squad.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by TimmE View Post
    A customer brought in a phone for service and you are asking how to fix it on a public forum? Can I have your business's information so that I'm sure to never shop there?
    Actually, I'm glad op asked for this information rather than take the easy way out and do a hard reset as most repair centers do
    Thanked by:
    phstratton likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    I got rid of my 3d because of issues like this. I had it replaced 5-6 different times. Still have my broken 3d that sprint screwed me on. They ordered a replacement and because I waited longer than 14 days to pick up they sent it back and wouldn't order another. So I said bye bye sprint repair center, hello best buy geek squad.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    Sounds like a crappy repair center. If a customer were to do that here, we would go ahead and order another one when the customer was available.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by TimmE View Post
    Even though you're being a jerk, I will explain. We don't have an active private forum to use, no one ever gets on it. Also, I like to avoid hard resetting as much as possible so that the customer doesn't have to attempt to set everything back up the way it was before. I also do not pretend like I know everything. New phones are released weekly, and on top of that they're constantly creating new apps and software versions for use on them. Therefore the best way to learn is to reach out to a community that it saturated in that technology, (aka Android Central). If you would prefer to go to a service center with some punk that pretends like he knows everything, and just hard resets to try and fix every small problem, then be my guest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jj14x View Post
    Actually, I'm glad op asked for this information rather than take the easy way out and do a hard reset as most repair centers do
    Thank you for the kind words
    Thanked by:
    mastrK13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by phstratton View Post
    Even though you're being a jerk, I will explain. We don't have an active private forum to use, no one ever gets on it. Also, I like to avoid hard resetting as much as possible so that the customer doesn't have to attempt to set everything back up the way it was before. I also do not pretend like I know everything. New phones are released weekly, and on top of that they're constantly creating new apps and software versions for use on them. Therefore the best way to learn is to reach out to a community that it saturated in that technology, (aka Android Central). If you would prefer to go to a service center with some punk that pretends like he knows everything, and just hard resets to try and fix every small problem, then be my guest.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the kind words
    I as well applaud you! No one knows everything. That is exactly what a forum is for. A place of discussion. If i was your customer I would be happy you did everything you could to not hard reset my phone!

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    phstratton likes this.

I have never had any issue AT ALL! with my Evo 3D. You all obviously are doing things to it that cause it to malfunction. And I've had mine since the day it came out. And Ive also had no issues despite the fact that I have 32 gigs of SD space and have it full of apps...still not even the slightest lag. You all are like the rest...you upgrade to a newer(but not always better) phone and you down the old ones to make everyone else feel obsolete to you. Well the GS3 is a good device...that has been dwarfed by HTCs all carrier flagship: the DNA, also the GS3 falls sadly behind even the Optimus G. Pretty bad when your pretty lil GS3s out there are already obsolete....to a company like LG HAHAHA.

Also tge GSN2 is already obsolete to those aforementioned devices as well, which is sad because of how new it is