HELP! My Evo 3D Touch Screen Isn't Working Right!

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
So here's the situation:

My Virgin Mobile HTC EVO 3D on ICS is having touch screen issues...but only in games. In games such as Minecraft: PE, Modern Combat 4, Modern Combat 3, COD:BOZ, N64oid, and similar games which use an on-screen joystick, it isn't working. I can place my finger on the joystick (or where it's supposed to be) and try and touch and drag, but it either doesn't respond or responds for half a second then acts as if my thumb isn't even there. It's really driving me insane. I'm not able to play any of these expensive apps anymore. My old EVO 3D recently killed itself due to an unknown issue, so VM sent me the phone I have now literally the day after Christmas. I had this same issue with my last EVO 3D. It's gotten to the point where I'm considering purchasing a PowerA MOGA controller, just so I can play these apps. Has anyone else had this problem? If you have a fix, PLEASE speak up!

Thanks!

toad6386

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Howdy! You might have a bad digitizer (I'm working on my second bad I've right now!) Go into settings, developers options, then check "show touches." Try a few apps before your games and see if you have any"ghost" touches. If you do, then digitizer is bad, most likely, though it could be a bad ROM if you're rooted. If under warranty, take it to Sprint. If not you can get it repaired for less than 100, or order one for less than 20 from Amazon or eBay, and do it yourself (several threads on several forums as well as videos on YouTube). Good luck.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
My 3d was replaced 3 times due bad digitizer. The last time I went back to repair center they tried fixing and damaged the earpiece and microphone. Then they didn't honor the insurance because during the waiting period for my replacement I put another phone on the account and I waited longer than 14 days to pick it up. Oh well. I purchased my note 2 at bb and got their insurance and stopped paying their stupid prices for nothing. I just put my damaged 3d with all its accessories on eBay and craigslist. Maybe I'll get something for it after sprint screwed me over.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Tobias Jeppsson

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
So here's the situation:

My Virgin Mobile HTC EVO 3D on ICS is having touch screen issues...but only in games. In games such as Minecraft: PE, Modern Combat 4, Modern Combat 3, COD:BOZ, N64oid, and similar games which use an on-screen joystick, it isn't working. I can place my finger on the joystick (or where it's supposed to be) and try and touch and drag, but it either doesn't respond or responds for half a second then acts as if my thumb isn't even there. It's really driving me insane. I'm not able to play any of these expensive apps anymore. My old EVO 3D recently killed itself due to an unknown issue, so VM sent me the phone I have now literally the day after Christmas. I had this same issue with my last EVO 3D. It's gotten to the point where I'm considering purchasing a PowerA MOGA controller, just so I can play these apps. Has anyone else had this problem? If you have a fix, PLEASE speak up!

Thanks!

It's NOT a hardware issue. then it should happen all the time, shouldn't it?

I'm quite sure it's a software issue. cause you can easily solve the problem by either uninstall some apps, or you kill the apps in the task manager. For me it's usually the facebook app that **** upp the screen.

If you can't afford a new phone i would recommend this:
1. activate visual feedback for touches. you will find it under developer settings. You Will then immedatly see when the problem comes.
2. make a shortcut to the task manager so you easily can kill apps (cause even if you don't run them at the moment, they run in the background Ince you started them)
3. uninstall all apps you don't need or use.

that works for me, even if the problem is still there. but the only alternative is to uninstall all apps and never install anything. and that's why some People think it works to change hardware, cause you usually reinstall your phone when you do that.

nickloss

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
The issue with these phones is the digitizer ribbon cable. The ribbon runs to the left of the htc logo, the cable is folded and the wires get exposed. my evo v gets ghost touches whenever i press towards the top left of the screen, which is where the joystick would be in a game. The fix is to either replace the digitizer or try to take the phone apart and put some tape on the cable.

See this link for more details http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2373643