Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 100 mb of memory on device storage, but can't download 20 mb app?

Hi everyone, my wife cannot seem to download Scramble. She keeps getting an "insufficient storage" message. She has 105 mb on the device, and plenty on her SD. Any tips?
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Default Re: 100 mb of memory on device storage, but can't download 20 mb app?

Quote Originally Posted by jsorryman View Post
    Hi everyone, my wife cannot seem to download Scramble. She keeps getting an "insufficient storage" message. She has 105 mb on the device, and plenty on her SD. Any tips?
    Hey J whats up ! Have you cleared the cache and data for the play store and reboot

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Good luck partner. I've been having storage issues for about half a year now. I clear all caches, moved all apps from the internal phone storage to the card with larger capacity, deleted all text messages (especially those with pictures), deleted all pictures and videos from the phone hard drive, whittled down to only the apps I use regularly and still low storage.

I figure if you have the 1 GB of memory on the phone, the operating system takes up at least half of that, you then add Pandora, Facebook, Google maps, Twitter, Shazaam, Google Plus, Google Play and throw in some random smaller apps you only have 100-200 MB of storage free. At that point, the dreaded "insufficient storage" error pops up and won't let you update.

My phone says 219 MB free and havent been able to grab the two to three most recent facebook updates because the app is so damn large. Things are getting out of hand with these app sizes.

Yep I guess this is a system wide error for the 3D, its irritating since i had about 110mb free and i wasnt able to download an app that was about 5mb,im guessing the way HTC indexes their memory on the phone is the culprit.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

This has been a known issue on the 3VO, if you find a solution you should let us know. -_-