4 months of life left in the EVO 3D....

6sigma

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
New phones are coming. My contract expires in a couple of months. I want to milk the EVO 3D for another 4 months of use, but with some new life.

I've never rooted before, nor have I played with ROM's, etc. I have used Jelly Bean on a Nexus 7 and really liked it.

Any advice on the best instructions for rooting, ROMs & how to get closest to a "pure Jelly Bean experience" or something even better on the EVO 3D?

Thanks. :p

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
All I know is that I want to get out of my contract as soon as possible. The 3G cuts in and out, and sometimes I have to turn on/off Airplane Mode to reset the 3G signal after it drops down to 1xRTT. Though I haven't noticed it lately (apparently the reset helped somewhat), sometimes there's a significant lag between when I press a number to dial and the dialing itself, something that only popped up in ICS. Signal reception is so crappy that I had to get an Airave for the house I'm living in when someone else with Sprint is just fine. And when I visit my parents in Florida (which I won't be doing before my contract comes up), the signal reception in central-western Palm Beach County goes to nil, which means speeds go to nil and I often can't dial/receive calls inside buildings. Problem is I don't think the problems are so severe as to warrant a release from the contract.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
All I know is that I want to get out of my contract as soon as possible. The 3G cuts in and out, and sometimes I have to turn on/off Airplane Mode to reset the 3G signal after it drops down to 1xRTT. Though I haven't noticed it lately (apparently the reset helped somewhat), sometimes there's a significant lag between when I press a number to dial and the dialing itself, something that only popped up in ICS. Signal reception is so crappy that I had to get an Airave for the house I'm living in when someone else with Sprint is just fine. And when I visit my parents in Florida (which I won't be doing before my contract comes up), the signal reception in central-western Palm Beach County goes to nil, which means speeds go to nil and I often can't dial/receive calls inside buildings. Problem is I don't think the problems are so severe as to warrant a release from the contract.

Most of us are having signal issues. I've called sprint like 20 times this year complaining about it with no solution on their end. I will be debating whether to stay when my contract expires on 7/31/13.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo