Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I just got an HTC evo 3d for free From my friend and it won't turn on!! He said he rooted it and it worked fine but he couldn't get it to turn on. Tried rebooting it and it sends me to twrp page and if i reboot from there it doesn't do anything. Just goes to the white HTC screen. Please help me :c

***UNLOCKED***
    SHOOTER XC SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-1.57.0000
    eMMC-boot
    Apr 20 2012

I'm not very good with tech junk but i know enough to reboot a phone. I really need it to work. Any help is appreciated
    Last edited by Jordanlikescats; 05-13-2014 at 11:59 PM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: need some help

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanlikescats View Post
    I just got an HTC evo 3d for free From my friend and it won't turn on!! He said he rooted it and it worked fine but he couldn't get it to turn on. Tried rebooting it and it sends me to twrp page and if i reboot from there it doesn't do anything. Just goes to the white HTC screen. Please help me :c

***UNLOCKED***
    SHOOTER XC SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-1.57.0000
    eMMC-boot
    Apr 20 2012

I'm not very good with tech junk but i know enough to reboot a phone. I really need it to work. Any help is appreciated
    Well, It looks like that your device needs flashing fresh ROM over to your device. Try going in to the HTC site for getting the stock ROM and then flash it over to your device it will get started.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

If i install a backup ROM from the SD card to the phone would that work?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I also can't find a backup ROM. i found a link the other day and lost it. Do you have anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanlikescats View Post
    I also can't find a backup ROM. i found a link the other day and lost it. Do you have anything?
    Boot into bootloader, enter recovery, you said it's twrp recovery, what version is it, touch version, or do you have to use volume buttons to navigate around. I originally had the old twrp, but went to 4ext- it has something called smart flash for s-on users. For now, go to this thread, download the Rom, and follow instructions for s-on in original post.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=26453045
    Good luck, if you need more help let me know
    And this may help you familiarize yourself as what has been done by previous owner and consider doing s-off
    http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=5598022

Sent from above using Xparent Tapatalk
    Last edited by phan9998; 05-30-2014 at 10:16 AM.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Its volume buttons. My computer fried itself while i was making a song so is there any way to do it through my working phone? I found someone who would fix it for $45. Does that sound fair?