Wi-Fi Error (not kernel or rom related)

Dewancker

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I've been through a few of these forums and haven't come across my question/ problem so I am posting here:

I haven't been able to turn on my Wi-Fi for a little while now. Just recently I tried doing a hard factory re-set and I am still unable to connect. When I go into Settings - Wireless & networks - and try to turn on my Wi-Fi I just get an "error" message.

I see this is a common problem for people who have installed new kernels and/or rom for their phones. I'm not really 100% sure what those are so I don't believe I have installed them on my phone/ I'm not sure where to look for them if I did!

Any advice welcome! Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First, clear system cache. (Restart to recovery, then choose clear cache - DO NOT clear data or you'll lose all your data.)

If that doesn't help, and you got the update over the air (you didn't find a file somewhere and install it yourself), bring the phone to your carrier, tell them that the update seems to have disabled wifi and ask them to please fix it. (The update probably failed somewhere - it's amazing that most of them don't - and they can flash it by wire so it won't fail.)

Dewancker

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
When I try to start it up in recovery mode I see a red triangle with an exclamation mark. Any idea why this would be? Is there already a good thread on this forum that addresses this (other) problem?!

Thanks for your help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang