Why won't my HTC EVO 3d boot up?

John Simpson4

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Help htc evo 3d

I have a HTC Evo 3D that when I boot up just wont boot up. It's stuck in bootloop the Bootloader screen says
Shooter_U PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.53.0007
eMMC-boot

I think it may be bricked or something I have no idea what's happened to it.

John Simpson4

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Help htc evo 3d

It also when I attempt to flash anything by attaching PG86IMG.ZIP it says loading then goes to checking it doesn't prompt me to update. I also cant clear user cache or anything in fastboot.

John Simpson4

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

Have you tried selecting a factory reset to see if that helps?

From an AOSP M8

I tried it and it still is stuck in a bootloop. Do I need to go to some professional to fix it or can I fix it by myself with professional advice from some of you? It goes to the HTC quietly brilliant splash screen then just stays stuck for abit and reboots.

John Simpson4

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

This is the error I got when trying to flash Virtuous eclipse just now

C:\Users\USER>fastboot flash boot bootxda.img
sending 'boot' (3942 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.868s]
writing 'boot'...
(bootloader) signature checking...
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)
finished. total time: 1.403s

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
This applies to stock images with ADB as well?

Or is this an example of an RUU is probably the best way to go?
1. Yes, it applies to any stock images for HTC devices. In my time developing for the HTC One X, I have not read anything on successful flashing involving a locked bootloader.

2. An RUU might work, it just needs to be the exact version the person is running on his or her phone or else it will result in bricking.

Sent from my splendid Note 4.

John Simpson4

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
1. Yes, it applies to any stock images for HTC devices. In my time developing for the HTC One X, I have not read anything on successful flashing involving a locked bootloader.

2. An RUU might work, it just needs to be the exact version the person is running on his or her phone or else it will result in bricking.

I have tried unlocking vie HTC website it fails I get an error please give me advice on point 2 how I could go about unbricking my device or it functioning again.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have tried unlocking vie HTC website it fails I get an error please give me advice on point 2 how I could go about unbricking my device or it functioning again.
Where did you get this PG86IMG.zip from and how did you try to flash it?

John Simpson4

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Where did you get this PG86IMG.zip from and how did you try to flash it?

From here

d-h.st/3p8

I put it onto a formatted sd card launched bootloader it goes to checking then doesn't prompt me to install it. Please help me with the boot loop issue I need to get this device functioning asap.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
From here

d-h.st/3p8

I put it onto a formatted sd card launched bootloader it goes to checking then doesn't prompt me to install it. Please help me with the boot loop issue I need to get this device functioning asap.
Before I help you, I need more information. When did this bootloop start happening? Did it happen after you tried flashing it?

John Simpson4

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Just out of the blue? You didn't tamper with it or anything?

I personally didn't tamper with it. There is a possibility my brother could of done something. He does like to screw things up. Basically, I checked this phone it booted up perfectly then I didn't have access to it. When I got it back it was like this.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I personally didn't tamper with it. There is a possibility my brother could of done something. He does like to screw things up. Basically, I checked this phone it booted up perfectly then I didn't have access to it. When I got it back it was like this.
In the bootloader menu, above where it says locked, does it say tampered?