Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stocks the best!

Default Who's getting it? (EVO 3D)

Who's hands down getting the evo 3d this summer?
    Last edited by Brett; 03-24-2011 at 06:07 PM. Reason: made title clearer and fixed spelling error

As soon as possible I am. Can't wait

EVO - LUTION 3D
    love my evo.

Nice specs on the phone, but the backside is cheap and ugly looking. I hope this 3D fad with two cameras fades fast.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't considering it.

I could do without the 3D aspect, but I really like all the other specs. Strongly considering it.

I will be getting one as soon as possible. Overall, I think the 3D is an improvement in almost every way, but I will miss the kickstand. From some of the photos floating around, the 3D looks thicker than 4G, but the HTC's specs say otherwise:

EVO 4G: 4.8 x 2.6 x 0.5 inches
    EVO 3D: 4.96 x 2.56 x 0.47 inches

I am very interested in being able to shot/view in 3D on the device.

if only the back wasn't the ugliest I have seen in the last 5 years, wtf is the deal with those hidious cameras.
    Banned

June 1st I am up for a renewal. The dual 1.2 procs seals it for me, the 3d is just icing. I will definitely miss the kickstand though, didn't realize it was gone.

ROM
    Stock

Hands Down YESSS!!! Unless that is they release a non 3D variant the same day lol(could care less about it but def not a deal breaker in any way)

and for alll those saying its ugly just get a case and low and behold it will look just like your old evo with one extra cam below...
    Please thank me if I have helped!

Current Phone - Sprint GS3

Previous Phone - Evo 3D - Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric View Post
    if only the back wasn't the ugliest I have seen in the last 5 years, wtf is the deal with those hidious cameras.
    I said a similar thing when I first saw the EVO. Now I'm loving it. I'm definitely getting it - an upgrade to my evolution was due anyway.

I'm sure it look quite sexier in person. •> Beauty is subjective to each individual mind.

Global Posts
    1,158 Global Posts
    ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

Nice video.

I'll definitely try to get it, but we will see. The OG EVO is still a great phone, so I would have to have a nice surplus of money to justify the purchase.

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm gonna get it. Its gonna be an evo-lutionary leap from my launch day palm pre. Cant wait.

I will be grabbing it when my upgrade comes in July. The kickstand is not too big a deal for me. Just need to jimmy rig a new set up and i am good.
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    ROM
    boring ol' stock

I regret that they used up valuable space and mass with the 3d gimmick, but even so I will get this phone asap after my upgrade becomes available on June 1.

Sent from my Sprint EVO using Tapatalk
    Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->EVO 4G-->EVO 3D-->Droid Razr Maxx-->Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    405 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

I will be grabbing it on September 1 (my upgrade date)

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

I'll get it when it comes out, even though my upgrade eligibility is going to be pushed back. Looks like full price for me! In a hundred years the money I spent won't much matter!
    The 3D thing doesn't excite me, but what the heck!

Global Posts
    737 Global Posts

I'm interested to know the price of this device....

ROM
    CyanogenMod-7.1.0

Seeing as I just got my EVO in February and I'm not all that enthused over 3D, I'll most likely pass.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Lets keep all upcoming device talk out of the evo section, as it really doesnt have anything to do with the evo.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

In the video Phil made, they mention that they will sell a case with built in kickstand...so...problem solved...

Kickstand or not, I am definitely getting it! 3d also isn't the selling point for me, it's the faster CPU/GPU that I want, but I am sure it'll make for a good conversation piece and it'll probably be fun taking pictures with it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Homemade 3D Pr0n. Sold.

(kidding)

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

If the next evo was only incrementally different like the thunderbolt I would've passed. But I believe with Dual core, qhd screen, gingerbread, sense 2.0 etc....the 3D is a truly worthy successor to the original. Barring a lot of negative reviews I'll be getting this phone on launch day as I did the original on June, 4th last year.
    Sent from my EVO 3D

I'll be getting 2...

One to replace my EVO and the other to replace my wifes PRE.

Cant wait!!!!

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Yep i believe i will be getting one as well. I have 3D tv & monitor so the added 3D video and pics will work out good since i have the gear already.
    Just gotta wait i guess. So what do you think? June for sure? Sooner?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast